NOT MY FAULT

N O T  M Y  F A U L T"it's not my fucking fault i broke your heart!"

"it's not my fucking fault i broke your heart!"

when you walked in the house, you were immediately met with loud chatter and boisterous distractions. after a long day of filming outerbanks, the cast decided to let loose at chase and madelyn's.

you cheerfully greeted everyone before making your way to madelyn.

but your happy mood quickly turned salty when you noticed drew talking to chase and madison.

your nostrils flared, and your hands clenched in fists until your knuckles turned white and your nails created small crescent moons in the palms of your hands.

"you said he wasn't gonna be here." you said to maddie, and the blonde girl replied with a sincere sorry.

you reluctantly sat furthest from drew, trying your best to avoid eye contact with the boy. you couldn't look at him.

being around drew was common for you, but it made it no easier. dating a co-star is risky, but you don't realize just how risky it is until it ends messy. you tried as much as you could to avoid him and not see him as much as possible. but that was hard when your entire friend group was also friends with drew.

he broke your heart—plain and simple. it was the truth, and everyone knew it. you'd think you'd be upset about it, and you were at first. but now all you could think about was how mad you were. you were craving some sort of revenge, but you weren't gonna stoop to his level.

but presently, you took your mind off of drew by distracting yourself in conversation with the people around you—JD, austin, madelyn and carlacia.

you were actually feeling a lot more at ease than you were twenty minutes ago when you walked in.

drew, on the other hand, hated this. he couldn't keep his eyes off of you and austin so blatantly flirting with you. he was burning holes into the two of you with his glare. as much as he hated to admit it, he was jealous. he didn't want to be jealous. after all, he was the one that broke up with you. but he just couldn't help it. he didn't want to see you dating another guy.

  he knew how it sounded. he knew how bad it came off across as. but he didn't want to see you flirting with austin of all people. his best friend. and he watched the two of you with a clenched jaw and narrowed eyes, as if he was was a wild animal hunting for his prey.

  "y/n, can i speak to you for a minute?" drew blurted out. it was more of a command than a question, and his voice was sharp and had an edge to you. everyone in the room grew silent, just waiting for your reply. it was embarrassing.

  "why?" you asked bitterly, leaving an awkward and uncomfortable tension throughout everyone.

  he didn't reply. he simply just glared at you, stood up and walking out of the room with his head high. you rolled your eyes, excusing yourself from your friends and followed him.

"what do you want?" you said, closing the kitchen door behind you.

  "okay, what is going on between you and austin?" he huffed, slamming his hands down on the counter before him.

  "what the hell?" you scoffed, running a hand frustratedly through your hair.

"just answer the question. do you like him?" he groaned, his nostrils flaring as he stared at you. he didn't know why he was so affected by this, but he was.

  "nothing's happening—" you said, beginning to raise your voice. this was a pointless conversation and it was frustrating you.

  "oh, come on, y/n, you're clearly flirting with each other." he interrupted you.

  "and why do you care so much?" you threw your arms up in annoyance, gesturing to him.

  "just tell me: yes or no!"

  "what if i did?" You questioned, challenged, cocking your head to the side. drew ran his hand messily through his hair, something he always did when he gets overworked. "you kinda dumped me!"

  "yes, i know i did, but i also didn't expect you to move on so quickly!" drew spoke rather quickly, and the anger in his voice scared you. but you weren't going to show him that.

  "well, what was i supposed to do? sit around and wait for you? you broke my heart! i didn't exactly expect you to come running back after what you did!you played me like i was another one of your flings! and you know what drew? i don't need your bullshit anymore. what you did to me was shitty, and you're not exactly my favourite person anymore. and why should you care? so what if austin and i were flirting? we're not in high school anymore, grow up!" you began to yell, letting your emotions get the best of you.

  "it's not my fucking fault i broke your heart! stop blaming all of our shit on me, and you should start taking responsibility for your own actions! and i don't—go date austin for all i care." he replied, chest heaving up and down in anger.

you didn't care about the rest of the group in the other room (who could so clearly hear this whole argument, walls aren't that thick), drew was getting under your skin more than you expected.

  "fine! maybe i will." you said, giving up and going back into the living room, only to grab your things and leave.

  when you walked in the other room, the tension in the air was thick and palpable. everyone was dead silent, and it was mildly embarrassing that they all just heard you blow up at drew.

  you didn't let the tears stinging in your eyes to fully fall until you were in your car. you let the sobs wrack your body, succumbing to the long awaited sadness.

  you wish everything was back to normal. that you were still dating drew. that drew hadn't played you in the first place. you wished you could go back in time to when things were normal, and things were perfect.

AUTHOR SPEAKING !!
lmao i was in a dramatic mood don't come at me🤚
but should i make a part two👀
ALSO THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR ONE THOUSAND READS ALREADY ASDFGHJKLS I LOVE YOU ALL MWAH