FIGHTS

F I G H T S"welcome to an adult relationship

F I G H T S
"welcome to an adult relationship."

"SORRY, Y/N, BUT I JUST DON'T SEE THE problem!" Drew shouts with a shrug of his shoulders.

  Fury builds deeper inside me, waiting to be released, waiting to explode. My veins course with anger, as I clench my hands in a fist, attempting to remain calm, creating little crescent moons in my palms from my nails.

  I close my eyes a take a breath. "Drew, I can't keep having this fucking fight with you all the time." Our relationship is at a very toxic stage, and quite frankly, I've been having second thoughts. Is all the yelling and fighting worth it in the end? I'm just not so sure anymore. "Quit being stubborn! And before you ask, no this isn't about Austin!"

"Well, I'm sorry for wanting to be with my girlfriend on our anniversary! And I wasn't gonna ask that." He shouts back, getting more agitated. I can tell because of the way his face is slightly getting redder, and the way his arms flex.

"I understand where you're coming from, I do, trust me. But I don't really want to be celebrating our anniversary in front of all of our fucking co workers! We've talked about this before—I like to keep my personal life out of my work life."

Drew pinches the bridge of his nose, pacing back and forth in our apartment living room. "Y/n, you're not listening to me—"

  "Yes I am!" I interrupted him, and that was all he needed to snap.

  "Would you please just shut up and let me fucking talk?" He shouted, though it was more of a command than a question. I shut up immediately, allowing him to tell his side of the story.

  He closed his eyes, clearly regretting the way he snapped. "Sorry. I just get frustrated with—" he stops himself mid sentence, and I furrow my eyebrows.

  "With me?" I say, after some silence between us. That stung. Boy, did that hurt. All the anger inside me turned into heartbreak. It's never nice when your boyfriend tells you he gets frustrated with you. I simply just shake my head, as he tries to excuse himself from what he just said, tears welling in my eyes.

  "Y/n, no that's not what I meant. You know that's not what I meant—"

  "I don't care what you meant, Drew!" I clench my hands in a fist again, trying to distract the fact that I could cry at any moment now. "Look, maybe this isn't worth it."

  "No. No, no, no—Y/n, please don't say that. Please, it is worth it. It's worth every moment." He pleads, grabbing my hands in his, but I shake my hands out of his grasp.

  "No, Drew! I can't keep going through this anymore! We fight all the time, just for you to make me feel stupid and guilty and ultimately lead me to forgive you! I can't keep doing it anymore." I cry. I can't help it, I just let it all go.

  His lips curl into a frown, and his eyebrows furrow. A tear escapes from his left eye. I can't tell if I've made him sad or more furious.

  "Now you're saying it's my fault?" His voice is soft, but angry. I roll my eyes.

  "When did I ever say that?" I ask, my mouth left agape.

  "You practically just did! You said I make you feel stupid and make you forgive me!"

  "That's because you do, Drew!"

  "Oh, so now I'm the bad guy? Now, who started this fight? Tell me that y/n!" He came back at me, and I felt frozen. Stuck, like a piece of ice on the ground that can only be melted into liquid by the sun. Drew is my sun, and he makes me follow him like liquid all the time. Right now he was making me liquid. Nothing but tears.

I'm about to clap back at him, but he beats me to it. His hand grabs me by my neck, and kisses me so roughly. I'm almost too mad at him to kiss back, but I cave eventually, and our lips angrily move together like two pieces of a puzzle. I inhale sharply at the feel of Drew's cold rings on my neck, but soon get over it as his tongue escapes into my mouth.

I almost want to refuse—I want to push him away from me, but I can't.

His hands tug at the bottom of my shirt, making it clear that he wants it off. That's when I pull away.

"What are you doing?" I ask, both of us panting, and his hot breath fanning over me.

"Let me make it up to you." He mutters, leaning back in for another kiss. I push him away from me, and he stumbles back quite dramatically.

"No, Drew! You can't just sleep with me to fix everything! Welcome to an adult relationship." I roll my eyes, before going back to my room and slamming the door behind Drew.

AUTHOR SPEAKING !!
ahh I haven't updated in forever! I've been super occupied with other things, sorry guys! but I'm back now.
how would you guys feel if I started a timothee chalamet imagines book? I've been thinking about it for a while, and starting that imagines book would probably mean less updates on here. anyways lemme know!