MONDAYS

M O N D A Y S"the fact that he woke up next to you made it better

M O N D A Y S
"the fact that he woke up next to you made it better."

DREW GROANS WHEN HE REALIZES what time it is—7:46am to be exact.

  Mondays were definitely not his ideal day. He considered them his least favourite day, but then again, who really likes mondays?

  The sun is barely peeking through the curtains hiding the window in your bedroom, causing a natural glow to light up the room. Besides that, the room is dark—yet a comforting kind of dark. The kind of dark that you feel safe in.

  The room was cold, as it was the middle of October. Plus, you always preferred to sleep freezing cold rather than warm. Drew hated sleeping cold, but when you moved in he managed to adjust. Truth be told, he actually got better sleeps in the cold.

  The rain was heavily pouring outside, which made Drew groan even more. Raining on a Monday morning? It's a no from him.

  It makes him chuckle, because he thought of you when he immediately heard the rain.

  You always loved rain, as you romanticized everything in your life and Drew knew that. It made you enjoy life more, and it made Drew adore you even more, if that was even possible.

  He rolled over in the queen bed placed in your room, and an immediate smirk spread across his face at the sight of you peacefully sleeping.

  You always thought of yourself as an ugly sleeper, but he loved it. He loves the way your hair gets all messy, and your light little snores. He loves the way you look so calm and peaceful, as if you were having a good dream. He loved to think that you were dreaming of him.

  He brushed the strand of hair out of your face, and let his hand linger for a couple seconds. He studied your face, taking in your every feature.

  He loved falling asleep next to you, with your coconut scented hair in his face as he cuddled you. He loved the fact that you always fell asleep in his clothes—whether it was a tshirt, hoodie or his sweatpants, he absolutely couldn't get enough of it.

  The golden morning glow softened in the room, rather than the harsh sun beating through the curtains a few moments ago. It made you look even more beautiful.

  You inhaled deeply as you began to stir in your sleep, shortly waking up and rubbing your face with the back of you hand. You yawned, letting out an exhale before turning back to Drew.

  "Morning." You smiled, earning yourself a smile from Drew in reply.

  "Morning, my love." He said, his voice raspy and thick with sleep.

  You closed your eyes again, as he pulled you into his chest. He held you so close, as if he simply wouldn't breathe again without your touch. Like he would be lost without you.

  Wrapping your arms around each other, you both sighed as you drifted off into sleep again.

  Although Drew's least favourite day is Monday, the fact that he woke up next to you made it better. Mondays aren't that bad after all.