DON'T

D O N ' T"don't ask me about him

D O N ' T
"don't ask me about him."

DREW AND YOU SAT IN THE CAR, silently waiting for Rudy to come back.

  It was beginning to get dark out; the sun had practically just set and the sky was going from a baby blue to a deep navy, and all the stars in the sky were slowly peeking out of the clouds in the night sky. The only light in the car was coming from the street lamps, but it surely wasn't making much of a difference.

  Small sounds of birds were heard, but the sound of cars nearby drowned it out. The sound of Drew drumming his fingers on the armrest filled your ears, and for the first time you didn't mind.

  Your mind wandered as you waited for Rudy to come back to the car, so you awkwardly stayed silent. You and Drew were best friends, so it was rare when you ran out of things to say. It was like you guys have never talked to each other before.

  You sighed, closing your eyes and leaning your head back in the seat.

  One thing your mind had been pretty set on was winning Rudy back. You guys had a complex history, but as of now you were certain to love him and only him again. If not that, then to make him jealous somehow.

  But now you weren't so sure.

  He has yet to give you the reaction you were wanting out of him. He was just... seemingly blank. As if when you guys broke up a couple months ago all the love was sucked out of him and he'll never love someone like he did with you again. It was weird. You'd never seen him like that.

  You weren't sure if that's what you wanted anymore. Sure, you still loved him of course, but your end goal isn't to make him jealous, or for him to hurt the way he hurt you. You didn't know what you wanted.

  Drew, on the other hand, couldn't stand Rudy, because he won't admit he's still in love with you. 

  Because Drew is in love with you.

  They were sitting on the couch, just the two of them—Rudy and Drew. They were watching a show, and the question had been burning in Drew's head for ages now, waiting to ask it.

  He grabbed the remote and paused the show unexpectedly. Rudy looked over at him, waiting for him to say something.

  "Do you still like her?" Drew blurted out, and Rudy didn't even have to ask who it was. But it shocked the hell out of him. Rudy just stared at Drew for a little.

  They'd never talked about you in that way until that night. It was like an unspoken rule between them—to never bring you up into their convos in a romantic way.

  Drew was certain he'd tell the truth. He had caught him off guard, which he was sure was a good thing.

  But instead of answering the question, he said, "Do you?"

  "I'm not the one who took her to the premiere." Drew's cheeks glowed red.

  "I only took her cause she asked me to." Rudy thought it over, and then said it.

  "Rudy. Do you like her or not, man?" Drew hesitated for about two seconds, and then he just went for it. "Because I do. I like her. I really like her. Do you?" He firmly asked yet again.

  He didn't blink. Didn't even hesitate. "No."

  It really pissed Drew off. He was full of shit. Rudy liked her, and Drew was sure of it. But he couldn't admit it, wouldn't man up.

  Though he was pissed off, he was sort of relieved. No matter how many times Rudy hurt you, you always went back to him. You were his. Always had been. But now that Rudy wasn't standing in the way, maybe you'd see Drew there too.

  It didn't matter how much Drew wanted to kiss the shit out of you, or how much he absolutely adored every part of you, because you always went back to Rudy.

  It was like a magnetic force pulling you in all the wrong directions.

  You looked out the window. "I wonder..." you let your voice trail off, waiting for Drew to prod you, to ask you to continue. But he didn't. He was silent.

  You sighed heavily. "Does he ever talk about me? I mean, has he ever said anything?" You didn't have to say who for him to know.

  "Don't." He snapped.

  "Don't what?" You turned toward him, confused. You furrowed your eyebrows, as to why he's been acting so sour recently.

  "Don't ask me about that. Don't ask me about him." Drew spoke in a harsh, low voice, a tone he'd never use around you or no one for that matter. A muscle in his jaw twitched furiously.

  You felt as though Drew had slapped you. You felt furious with him, though he only made one comment. It burned, and it definitely hurt. It was like you didn't know how to act around him anymore. He was always switching up on you.

  "What's the matter with you?" You said, and he turned to face you.

  He started to say something, maybe an apology and maybe not, and then he stopped, and he was leaning over and pulling you towards him—like by a gravitational force. And suddenly he was kissing you, hard, and his skin was stubbly on your cheek. Your first thought was, I guess he didn't have time to shave this morning.

  And then you were kissing him back.

  He kissed you like he was drowning and you were air. Like he needed you so much, and in that moment you needed him too. You didn't realize how much you wanted him and how much you needed him. It was passionate and desperate, and like nothing you had experienced before.

  It was like how people said the earth stops spinning when you have moments like these. And it did. It felt like the world outside the car didn't exist. It was just you two.

  When he backed away, his pupils were huge and unfocused. He blinked, as if he couldn't believe what just happened. His lips were raw and red, but he obviously didn't care. "Y/n," he said, and his voice was foggy. He didn't say anything else, just your name.

  "Do you still—" Care. Think about you. Want you. Love you.

  Roughly, he said, "Yes. Yes, I still."

  And then you were kissing again, even more desperately than before.

  He must've made some noise, because you both sprang apart at the same time. There was Rudy, looking right at you two.

AUTHOR SPEAKING !!
  it's been a hot minute lmao but anyways hope y'all enjoy. I was inspired by yet another book—the summer I turned pretty series. Recommend so much honestly if you're looking for a book to read.
  Also pls send in requests y'all I'm running out of this to write.