JEALOUS

J E A L O U S"she's flustered, and all i did was call her pretty

J E A L O U S
"she's flustered, and all i did was call her pretty."

"Let's roll please... and, action!" The director spoke, guiding all of you guys to start the scene.

  In this particular scene, JJ and your character kiss after JJ almost drowns when they escape the Coastal Venture ship with the rest of the pogues.

  You start the scene in the water, you holding onto Rudy for dear life as he acts limp, with his eyes closed and unresponsive.

  "JJ, stay with me!" You cry.

  "Help! Please! Some—Somebody help." You yell, your voice weak and trailing off. The tears come streaming down your cheeks soon enough, just in time as the rest of the crew comes around the corner in the dinghy.

  You continue the scene—getting JJ in the boat, him and your character kissing and the pogues just thankful that they escaped and that JJ is alive.

  "Cut!" Jonas calls, all of you laughing in relief of how well the scene went.

  You get back on the ship, and the sun is glowing perfectly on your faces. It's beautiful in Barbados, especially out on the water.

  You have awhile until you film another scene, so we are just enjoying ourselves.

  The one person you haven't seen much of is Drew, and he's the one person you want to see the most.

  When you find him sitting alone in a stairwell, you furrow your eyebrows in confusion, as to why he's sitting alone looking upset.

  "Hey." You say, approaching him.

  He breathed out a little hi in response, adjusting the way he sat in on the stairs. He was avoiding eye contact, which confuses you even further. Drew isn't one to ignore someone else.

  "Mind if I sit?" You ask, he pats the spot beside him. You sit down quickly, but the tension in the air was awkwardly palpable.

  One of the things you loved about you and Drew's friendship is that there were always so many silences, but they were comfortable. They were never nearly as awkward as this one.

  If they were awkward, you'd always lighten the mood with a joke, or you'd lean your head on his shoulder. But none of these situations seemed appropriate.

  As you sat there, unsure what to say, you wondered what was going through his head.

  "Uh—Good job on that scene, by the way." Drew said, breaking the silence soon enough.