An Absolute Disaster (okay, maybe not that bad)

💛: Driamenrake
💗: Hendie
.
.
.

"And that—" Henry rolled up the paper "—is my ultimate, incredible plan for confessing."

A profound silence fell over them. Drew, Liam, and Jake looked at each other, wondering if they were all thinking the same thing.

"Henry," Jake started hesitantly, "don't you think it's a bit..."

"Overdramatic?" Drew deadpanned.

"It sounds more like a birthday party than a confession, to be honest." Liam chuckled.

Henry took offense to that. He hit the rolled-up paper on top of Liam's head. "I don't remember asking for your opinion. I just need you guys to help me."

"Ay ay, captain." Liam saluted.

Henry opened the paper again, jotting down which tasks to assign to whom. Once he was done he shoved it at Liam.

"You guys have to arrange all of this, while I,"—he puffed out his chest—"write the speech."

"You gave us all the work!" Drew complained, reading the list over Liam's shoulder.

"I can't believe you gave him the least work!" Liam pointed at Jake indignantly.

"What can I say, he's my favorite."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

Henry ended up asking Drew for help on his speech anyway.

On the day, Drew and Liam sat in Henry's living room, making out on the couch. Jake entered the house, closing the door behind him with a slam.

"What time am I supposed to bring Sadie here?" he asked, completely unfazed.

"In 20 minutes or so." Liam waved his hand. "Now shoo."

Jake rolled his eyes. "I can't believe he only gave me one job," he grumbled, making his way out before Liam stopped him.

"What do you mean?"

"You know," Jake said, looking at him as if he was stupid, "he told me to bring Sadie here and that's it. Nothing else."

"What do you mean! You also had to get the cake!"

The three looked at each other in horror. Drew scrambled to get the list out.

"He wrote... Jiam?"

"No, that's clearly Liam. You were supposed to get the cake, not me!"

"You idiot, Jiam is Jake and Liam!"

"Well why didn't you remind me!?"

"I told you right then and there that you're going to get the cake because you have the least chores!"

"No, you didn't—"

"Guys." Drew sighed. "It'll be fine. Sadie doesn't look like she likes sweets anyway."

"I can't believe I wasted five minutes of my life here," Jake huffed. "I'm going now, goodbye."

"We should start hanging the banner," Drew told Liam when Jake was gone.

"This is so cringe." Liam grimaced, picking up the 'I am in love with you, Sadie!' banner. "I just hope she doesn't reject him, it would be awkward."

"She won't, Daisy said that all Sadie talks about is Henry. Let's hope she doesn't change her mind after seeing this five-year-old's birthday party of a confession."

By the time Henry rushes in ten minutes later, everything has been set up, the table full of an absurd amount of snacks, balloons everywhere, and the banner hanging right below the clock.

The only thing missing (except the cake) is Henry being dry.

"What in the world happened to you?" Drew shrieked, rushing to get a blanket to wrap around his shivering body.

"Well, you can say that I'm a stupid bitch."

"Tell me something new."

Once Henry settled down on the couch, he whined, "I forgot I had this prank set up for Drew a few days ago. I accidentally used the bathroom where the prank was set up, and I got drenched instead."

Drew scoffed. "Karma's a bitch, right?"

"You should go dry off and change." Liam patted Henry's head.

Before Henry could respond, the doorbell rang and he shook out of his skin, abruptly standing up and throwing the blanket at Drew.

"Drew, give me the speech," Henry said, tapping his foot impatiently for Drew to throw off the blanket he threw on him. The audacity.

Sadie walked in, looking confused for the most part, even more so when she saw Henry, his wet clothes grossly sticking onto his skin.

"Hi!" Henry said, his voice weirdly high. He coughed. "So uh, you can probably tell why you're here."

Sadie tried to remember who's birthday today was. She came up empty when Henry started talking again. "Sadie, you're one of the best people I know. I'm glad you let me see all the Mangas you read, and we became friends. But now, I am very in love with you. You're very... um, how to pronounce this?" he asked Drew.

"Beguiling."

"Who the hell comes up with such weird words," he grumbled, "you're really, whatever that is, and really beautiful. I want to kiss you and be your boyfriend. So will you be my girlfriend, Sades?"

He looked in his pockets for a moment before taking out a small rose, already slightly crushed.

Drew and Liam knew they were thinking the same thing—this was an absolute disaster.

Yet when Sadie smiled softly, maybe it wasn't all that bad. "Yes, I will."

"Honestly, I thought you'd bring more sweets, you know I love them," Sadie said later when the four settled in Henry's living room, eating the aforementioned absurd amount of snacks.

Henry hummed, looking at Sadie with a silly, lovestruck look, not noticing the glance Drew and Liam exchanged.