Line Without a Hook

💗 : Lander
.
.
.

'Cause he's an, he's an angel, and I am just a boy... <3

Alexzander is an angel.

People would disagree. People would say he's too selfish to be something so beautiful.

But in Luke's eyes, Zander is his angel. His guardian angel.

"Morning," Zander would say in the morning, coming up to press a kiss to his cheek. He'd smile at him brightly, like seeing Luke today was his biggest achievement. It makes Luke's heart melt every time.

"Did you eat?" he'd whisper when Hailey wasn't listening. Sometimes, Luke would fall silent, and Zander would immediately give him a granola bar, taking his free hand in his own. "It's okay," he'd say soothingly, running his hand through Luke's hair as he hesitantly opened the bar, "you're okay."

Luke almost always tears up, and Zander never blames him, only kissing him all over his face until Luke giggles and feels his heart lighter again.

He loves him, his angel.

"I love this song," Luke whispered, his hand playing with a stray strand of hair on Zander's forehead.

It had to be around midnight. Luke and Zander sat in the kitchen of their newly shared apartment, listening to 'Line Without a Hook' in their pajamas as they both couldn't sleep.

Zander leaned into the touch. "Hmm, reminds me of us."

Luke smiled softly. He stood up, bringing up Zander with him.

"Shh," Luke pressed his fingers to Zander's lips when he opened them.

Luke held Zander's waist, slowly moving them side to side. Zander looked at him in awe, so in love.

'Cause there is something and there is nothing
There is nothing in between
And in my eyes, there's a tiny dancer, watching over me...

He's singing, "He's an, he's an angel, and I am just a boy," he's singing, "he's an, he's an angel, and I am just a line without a—"

"Oh baby I am a wreck when I'm without you," Zander continued, his hands coming up to hold Luke's cheeks tenderly, "I need you here to stay."

Their foreheads pressed together, and Zander giggled. Soft and silly, one of his hands grasping Luke's. "I love you."

Luke kissed his forehead, their movements halting as the last lines played.

I swear that I would pull you from the tide.

"I love you too, my angel."