Angel

💗 : Seally
TW: Bruises, self harm
.
.
.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am, Jake," Milly said dismissively, "I want to see my boyfriend, and I will. Now hold this ladder so that I don't fall."

Jake nodded, holding the ladder as Milly climbed up to Sean's bedroom window.

It was currently 10 pm, but Milly missed her tall boyfriend, and once she decided to see him, there was no going back. She saw that Jake was online so obviously she had to drag him along. She knew Sean's parents were strict and the only way to see him was to get in through a window, so that's exactly what she was doing.

Once she reached the window, she realized it was already open. Perfect. She climbed in and as soon as she did, she turned around to assure Jake she was okay and that he could leave. As Jake left, she turned around again to look for Sean.

The room was completely dark, she realized. She squinted around the room for any signs of him, but he was nowhere to be seen. There was a fraction of light coming from the bathroom, so she went there, opening the door. What she saw had her frozen at the entrance.

Sean was sitting on the floor, his fists covered in a multitude of bruises. He looked like a deer caught in headlights, staring at Milly, also shocked into silence.

"Milly?" he said, scrambling to stand up. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What's up with your hands!?" Milly exclaimed. "Sean, who did this? Did your parents—?"

"No!" Sean said immediately. "It wasn't them, don't worry..."

Milly was almost seething at the idea that someone dared hurt Sean, but she knew she needed to talk to Sean first. She needed to treat this delicately. She stepped forward, taking hold of Sean's arm. She observed the bruises, they looked as if Sean had punched the wall.

Wait...

"Sean," Milly said, "you're telling me what happened right now or do you want me to call the club?"

"Don't!" Sean pleaded. He knew the club all too well. He didn't want to face the sadness in their eyes, knowing he was the cause of it.

"Then?"

"I did this," he blurted out, "I punched the wall to take out my frustration."

Milly stared at him. "Sean... you told me to not take my anger out that way because it hurt me. Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"I don't know," he said honestly, "it just felt... nice. It was like finally having a semblance of control."

Milly's heart broke in her chest and she hugged Sean, careful to not apply pressure on the bruises.

Sean sighed as if he needed this, a small sob escaping him, and Milly hugged him tighter, pressing her lips to his shoulder gently.

"I'm going to go get a first aid kit," Milly said, trying to pull away. Sean didn't let her go for a moment, and she pulled him down to kiss his forehead. "I'll be right back, I'm not going anywhere."

When she walked out, she registered the shouts coming from downstairs. She ignored it, grabbed the first aid kit, and went back into the bathroom.

As she helped Sean, he stared off into the distance, thinking.

"Baby?" Milly called softly. "I think you should go to sleep. You look tired."

Sean nodded before frowning. "But... I don't want you to go."

Milly smiled, endeared, standing up and helping Sean stand up as well. "I'll stay with you, alright? We can cuddle if that's what you want."

Sean smiled. "I'd love that."

As they walked to his bed, he sighed.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he wondered out loud, brushing a strand of pink hair out of Milly's eyes.

"Everything," she said, "everything you do is perfect, you not-so-little angel. You're amazing."

They both settled on the bed, cuddling as Sean nuzzled Milly's neck, being the little spoon for once. It was silent for a moment, and just before Milly drifted to sleep, she heard Sean whisper, moving her hair out of her face.

"You're my angel too."