Never Gonna Give You Up

💗 : Hendie
.
.
.

Henry swung his bag over his arm, making his way to the classroom after school. Okay, maybe screaming the lyrics of "Never Gonna Give You Up" in the library wasn't his smartest idea, but it was fun. Especially the part where Drew got livid because Jake and Liam have been rickrolling Drew the whole week too.

He entered the detention, setting his bag on a desk. He had to clean the whole classroom as a punishment. He picked up a broom nearby and started to sweep with it.

He hummed the MHA theme song cheerfully. He was so carefree he didn't notice another person walk into the room. He did notice when they started to clean dust off a desk though.

He turned around, startled at someone else's presence.

The girl didn't look up. She finished cleaning the desk first then looked up at him.

Sadie Whittaker.

"OH! Hi Sadie, what are you doing here?"

Sadie looked at him, bored. "I always stay here after class to help Miss Jones clean up." Her voice was as deep as he expected. "You have detention, right?"

Henry nodded and Sadie nodded back, moving away from him. She really is as anti-social as people say. But he couldn't deny she was pretty, her pale skin glowing in the bright sunlight.

They worked in silence, Henry catching himself glancing at her now and then. She looks like a nice person, albeit a little detached.

"You have been scrubbing the same spot for 3 minutes."

Henry jumped. He was almost sure he saw the ghost of a smirk on Sadie's lips.

"Huh?" He looked at the window spot he was cleaning and, realizing Sadie's right, hurriedly moved over to a desk, a lot more flustered now.

They worked in silence until Henry heard the scratching of a blackboard. He watched Sadie write something on the blackboard before leaving as if in a hurry, her face mostly covered by her hair.

Can we hang out sometime, please?

Oh, they definitely can.

"Wait, Sadie!"