Rain On Me

💗 : Lander
.
.
.

"Luke! Stop, no!"

He didn't listen, only giggling like a child as he dragged Zander to the front door.

He closed the door behind them, standing under the only roof shielding them from the soft rain pouring everywhere.

Zander sputtered. "Luke, you'll get sick!"

A warm hand slipped into his own, a soft kiss on his jaw. "Maybe, but some risks are worth taking."

Then the hand was gone, Luke backing into the rain. He put his hands in the air, letting the rain soak him wet. Zander wanted to reach out and pull him back under the roof, where it was safe and dry.

But the entire moment looked so joyful, with Luke cheering and dancing in the rain like a kid, Zander wanted to be with him.

So he did.

He cautiously stepped into the rain, wincing at the first drops of water and the cold air hitting him. A hand grabbed onto his wrist, pulling him closer.

"I think you're crazy," Zander said immediately.

The hands around his waist tightened, Luke's body swaying slightly. "But I'm your crazy."

Zander's heartbeat sped up and he laughed, so pure and full of joy because of one Luke Peterson softly kissing his wet neck.

Luke took Zander's hand and held his waist with the other one. He spun them around, startling Zander. He cringed just a little—this reminds him of one of those cringy rom-com movies he's watched.

But it's easy to forget about that when Luke is right in front of him, laughing with his eyes so bright it's like the sun has risen over the horizon despite the cold water still pouring over them.

They stay under the rain a while longer, twirling around and laughing like little kids. It reminded Zander of his childhood with Luke—except now Luke is freely pressing kisses on his skin wherever he pleases. Zander has never been more grateful for a change so beautiful.

Well, until Luke sneezes.

Zander instantly switches to his panic mode. "Oh God— I told you to—"

A finger pressed against his lips, shushing him. "I'm fine, sugar, as long as I'm with you, I'm fine."

Zander sputtered again. "As long as I'm with you my ass, I'm not gonna save you from a fever!"

Luke rolled his eyes playfully, deciding to pull Zander in for a hug to calm him.

A cold and wet body pressed against him was surprisingly not nearly as unpleasant as he thought it would be. Maybe that's just because it's Luke.

His heart was still banging loudly from the excitement and adrenaline, so loud in fact, he almost didn't catch the words uttered near his ear.

"I love you."

The reply came easily then, surely. Because it was the one truth Zander would never, ever get tired of saying.

"I love you too, my sunshine."