The Bitter Start.

Start from the beginning

He asked me if I wanted to get a donut together, Brant. You know in the category of what he said. I said calmly, in which he pursed his lips.

Aliyah, you wont tell anyone what he said to you, and you begged us all to not call the prison to pull out the recording of it, that was monitored, and could have easily charged him harder time. So no, I havent the slightest clue of what he said. I dont know if you had codes, or if you still care about him, or anything about how you feel about any of this. He replied, sounding exasperated. Good, I reached my goal. I discretely looked at the time on my watch, knowing I was right on time with giving his frustration, then I looked to the psychology books in his little library.

I dont know what you want me to say, Brant. I said and he sighed.

Time is up, but I want you to come back this thursday at five, and we will speak more about this.He said but I was up and out of the room in seconds, rushing out of the office and past the receptionist, Merrill, and out of the stuffy building that momentarily made me feel claustrophobic.

After a moment of gathering my mental stability, I forced it onto my face and got into the car I owned. I didnt want to think of the time I had in my home town in Bend, Oregon, it just wasnt worth it anymore, I was past it, I started fresh, why cant they understand that?

When I got home, I saw the wood two story house that I have lived in since I was fifteen and sighed before putting a content look on my face and stepping in the thresh hold. I saw that my step dads and moms cars were outside, so I made sure I put on a big act for them.

I helped set the dinner table and sat in the same chair I always do when at the dining room. My mom and dad set the food on the table and we ate, them talking about the small events of the day. Every night that their actually wanting to be home to be a family, which was more rare than airplane crashes, I got stuck having to act along. I was stuck for over an hour before I finally ignored them both to stand. I cleaned off my plate, washed it as fast as possible then went up to my room.

That was one of the things I loved, is that I only had to pick up after myself, fend for myself as my mother always worked and my father was the O.C.D type, and always had meetings or papers to work on at the office. I understood that, appreciated it, even.

I got ready for bed and passed out early, too ready to get the unnecessary day over.

Waking up to my alarm, I looked over and saw that it was seven already. Rolling off the bed with a groan, I stood up to stretch then took a ten minute shower. One I got out I put on a pair of black lace underwear with its matching bra, some light denim skinny jeans and a light blue shirt. I grabbed some black studded buckle detail flat ankle boots and shoved them on after I put on some blue socks.

Quickly, I brushed my teeth, then I took ten minutes getting the knots out of my too long black hair and then grabbed my school bag. Slinging it over my shoulder and grabbing my keys to rush out of an empty house, knowing full well they both werent home, just made my morning all that much better.

Getting to the high school, I got out of the car and made it there earlier than usual. 7:25- record timing I would say.

My friend, Abigail, walked up to me, her brace face and glasses were glinting in the sun as if they were her own diamond. I almost feel bad for her, if not for almost everyone having to go through it. Shes just a late bloomer, like I tell her most of the time. And late bloomers have there braces on in senior year. Its fine. I always tell her how High School is such a short time in life even though no one thinks that while their in it.

It was a losing argument for me since Im not the one who had the braces or glasses.

Hey Abs. I said and she smiled really big, showing off those pearly whites. Her bleach blond hair was always a huge contrast to them, almost giving more shine because of the reflection of the sun.