Nine

Casey

"Bea, pinch me." I demanded, my mouth still open from the shock I experienced just a minute ago. "Um okay, but why?" She asked as she pinched my upper arm. I jumped a little as a reaction to the pain, but at least I knew I was awake.

Was that actually Jack or are they trying to mess with me. This is probably some stupid ass plan by Sam. But then again, 'Jack' seemed to be in shock as well.

I thought he was dead?

I felt my eyes watering, memories of that horrible day when Jack tried committing suicide flashing through my mind. The blood, his lifeless body, I thought I actually lost him. Then Sam added his lie and it just all seemed to be real.

"Casey, will you please explain what the hell's happening?" Bea asked, always being confused. "J- Jack, he's there." I pointed to the corner where Jack and Jack were sitting. I saw Jack's head buried in his hands. "Yeah, he just ordered coffee, what's wrong with that." Bea stated the obvious, not catching what I was trying to say.

"Not Johnson!" I yelled a bit too loud as I saw everyone's heads snap at me, including the Jacks'. "The other Jack, the dead Jack." I mumbled, setting myself down on one of the bar stools.

"What?!" Bea blurted out, once again everyone's attention was on us. I shushed her. If she's in shock, what am I supposed to be? "Casey, what are you doing here, go talk to him." She hissed, pulling me from my stool. "No, I can't." I pulled back, not ready to face him again. Does he even realise what pain he put me through, mentally?

"They're coming this way, don't freak out." Bea announced with the most serious expression she could possible put on. I felt as if my heart started beating way too fast, as if I was about to hyperventilate.

"C- Casey?" I turned around and saw Jack standing in front of me with red and puffy eyes. He smiled for a second, but his beautiful smile faded when I didn't smile back. "Can we talk?" He asked, his voice raspy as always.

I closed my eyes for just a second and tried to swallow back the sobs, so it wouldn't sound weird if I started talking. "Yes." I managed to say without my voice cracking. I saw Johnson behind Jack with the biggest smile ever. I shot him a death glare and turned back to Bea.

"Please, would you do me a favour and finish my shift? I have a half hour left." I begged, but knowing Bea was the best soulmate I could ever ask for, she nodded. I told Jack I'd be back in a second and quickly changed back into my normal clothes.

When I returned to where we were all standing before, I noticed Johnson left and Jack was sitting on one of the bar stools. "Ready?" Jack asked, standing up from his chair. I nodded and told Bea I was leaving.

"How are you?" Jack asked as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. It was getting kind of chilly. "Is that a serious question?" I scoffed, shaking my head. Jack shrugged, probably scared to say something else.

"W- why did you leave just like that? Did you know how much it hurt me when I woke up in a hospital, expecting to see you by my side, but instead, my parents told me you left with Nate-" Before Jack could finish his sentence, I interrupted him out of anger.

"That is not true! Jack, your parents forbade me to see you, I promise I would've been there by your side day and night." I let out all of my frustrations. "I get that you were hurt, but you think I lived a happy life after I witnessed my best friend shooting himself?" Being the sensitive bitch I am, tears started rolling down my cheek and I could tell Jack was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Casey are you crying?" He asked, clearly acting dumb.

"No Jack, my eyes are just leaking." I spat sarcastically. As I was wiping away my tears, Jack suddenly stopped walking. I turned around and saw his cute little smile. "Why are you smiling?" I asked, feeling more self conscious about myself.

"I missed your stubborn personality."

-

Jack and I have been catching up for the past two hours. We ended up picking a quiet spot in the park near my workplace and laid down, my body in Jack's arms. I missed this and honestly it all felt unreal.

"Why did you think I was dead? Why were you so sure?" Jack asked after a five minute silence. I debated on whether or not I should tell him
about Sam. "Someone told me." I simply answered. "Who's someone?" Jack, being his curious little self, questioned me again.

"No one, that's not important right now. What's important is that I have you back." I smiled and got up from Jack's chest. At that very moment, I realised that I honestly am in love with Jack. I'm in love with his smile, his eyes, his voice. Just everything about him is either adorable or sexy.

But that's when something else popped up in my head...

The 'no boys zone' promise I had with Bea.

{make sure you comment & vote, beautiful babes. i love you!

ps: if you have a question or you just want to talk, kik me; cassidytwilson or hit me up on tumblr; thegxlinsky.tumblr.com}