Twenty-Two

Casey

The party is going well so far. Jack and I received all types of reactions, from surprised ones to hateful ones. It didn't bother me much though, after all the bullshit I went through here in Omaha with these people, you kind of stop caring about opinions. I had who I belonged to and no one is taking that away from me.

"Let's get some drinks." Jack suggested, leading me towards the beverages. "Wait, who's going to drive?" I asked, I don't want to risk our lives- more importantly, Jack's life a second time. "Johnson is staying sober tonight, don't worry." Jack assured me. We got our drinks and walked further into the garden of the house. There was a huge campfire and there were mostly couples sitting around it.

"Let's lay down and watch the stars." Jack whispered in my ear, so we laid ourselves on the grass watched the stars, until Jack decided to look at me instead. I started feeling self conscious, so I turned my head, facing him. I gave him a questionable look, but he just smiled sheepishly at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, smiling along. Jack had one of those smiles that would make you automatically smile as well. "Nothing, just appreciating you. I've been wanting to be in this position with you for a long time." Jack mumbled, looking back up at the sky. I just kept staring at him, realising how lucky I was to have him and how blind I was to not realise this earlier.

"Jack, I love you and I'm sorry you had to risk your life just because of me." I apologised, cuddling into Jack. It was getting chilly by now, considering it's nearly midnight. "Casey, you were worth all the pain." Jack said, sitting up and standing on his feet, only to help me up as well.

"Do you want to leave?" Jack asked, grabbing my hand tightly and pulling me inside. "Yes, but I'm going to use the bathroom first." I said and let go of Jack's hand, finding my way upstairs. While I was walking down the hallway, a girl that looked way too familiar walked past me, until she grabbed my arm.

"Casey, oh my god!" She squealed, letting go of my arm. Her face became clear when she ran her fingers through her hair. "L- Lily?" I hesitated as she nodded, biting her lip. "Casey, can we please talk?" She begged me, folding her hands in a prayer. I remembered Jack was waiting on me downstairs and I knew how impatient he could get.

"It'll be quick, I promise." She said and so I gave in. We walked into the nearest room, making sure it was empty.

"Alright, listen," Lily sighed, before she started speaking again, "I just want to apologise for everything I did to you. I know sorry can't make up for my behaviour, but I've been living two years with a horrible feeling of guilt and I just want to get everything off my chest and move on." She rambled on about how sorry she was, until I cut her off.

"Lily, I need you to realise exactly what you did. You set me up with Sam, made me do a sex tape unwillingly and humiliated me in front of the whole school. Let's not forget the worst part; you drove two best friends apart." I pointed out, probably making her feel like shit. But hey, this is nothing compared to what she did to me.

"I know, but I was a selfish little jealous bitch and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you didn't forgive me." Lily nearly cried, so being the sensitive human being I am, I gave in and forgave her.

"Forgiven but not forgotten." I mumbled, before leaving the room and finding my way back downstairs. I still didn't use the bathroom, but if Jack had to wait any longer, he would totally snap.

"About time, babe. Let's go." Jack interlaced our fingers and led us to Johnson's car, where they were all waiting on us. The car ride went pretty silent, until I decided to speak up about Lily.

"I spoke to Lily tonight." I could basically feel the tension and I could tell everyone felt uncomfortable, except for Nate, who had no clue who Lily was. "Why didn't you avoid her?" Jack snapped at me for no reason. "She apologised," I said, leaving it like that. I took a quick glance at Sam who was staring at his lap.

I hated seeing people feel guilty, even though they pretty much deserved feeling guilty. I can't stand the feeling of guilt myself, so I didn't want anyone else to feel the same.

I placed my hand on Sam's knee as he looked up from his lap and weakly smiled.

{oooh, this chapter was cute... the end is nearing, who's excited??}