Eight

« i just made a kik, so if you want to talk to me, kik me; cassidytwilson :) »

Casey

"What the fuck happened to you?" Bea pulled me to the side, away from the customers that were trying to order. "As you said, I'm stupid, I tripped over my own feet and fell face first on the concrete." I lied, that's the only thing I could come up with.

"I know that's not the truth, Casey Wilson." Bea said sternly, reminding me of when my mother used to call my full name when she got mad. I sighed and looked back at the queue of waiting customers. I knew that if the customers grew impatient and leave, my boss would fire me.

"Can we talk after my shift?" I asked and without waiting on Bea's answer, I walked back to where I stood before.

"What can I get for you?"

"Can I have a Steak & Cheese Panini and a Frozen Lemonade, please."

I wrote down the customer's order and handed it to the chefs in the kitchen. After I had taken everyone's order and the restaurant started to settle down a little bit, Bea took this as her chance to ask me what exactly happened.

"You were fine two days ago, I don't see you one day and you have a swollen lip?" Bea said loudly as I tried to shush her. "I broke up with Sam." I explained, Bea's eyes widening. "You're kidding, he hit you?" Bea's expression was priceless. I quietly nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"Casey?" A familiar voice sounded from across the counter. "Oh hi, Johnson." I weakly smiled, hoping he was all by himself. "I hope you're feeling better after what happened yesterday." Johnson said, showing he actually cared.

"Can't complain!" I cheered, faking a smile, so he wouldn't ask further. I felt Bea nudge my side, probably wanting me to introduce him to her. "Oh right, Bea, this is Johnson, Johnson this is Bea." I stepped aside so they could greet each other.

"My real name is Jack though." Johnson added as I saw Bea's mouth drop open and her eyes looking my way. I quickly shook me head, telling her he wasn't the Jack I told her about. "Anyway, would you like to order anything?" I changed subjects.

"Uh yeah, just two hot, Caramel Coffees." Johnson ordered and as I was writing his order down, I wondered why he'd want two. "Did you bring anyone along?" I asked, handing it to the cheff. "Yeah, a friend of mine. We wanted to catch up here. Anyway, I'll be at my table." Johnson quickly explained and walked off to a table, somewhere in a corner.

"He's acting strange." Bea confessed once he left. "He's been like that ever since I met him." I shrugged, getting used to Johnson's weirdness. It was nothing new.

When Johnson's order was finished, I decided to bring them their beverages. As I was nearing them, I heard an all too familiar voice. The voice that drives me insane, the raspy, low voice I've been yearning to hear for like ever.

Johnson

"Dude, I swear you'll love me after this." I told my best friend, getting all happy and excited about this.

"Why would I? There's nothing that could possibly make me happy." My best friend whined, not really working along. "Oh trust me, you'll want to kiss me." I joked, watching my best friend's head snap at me.

"Now let's go." I demanded and without any further arguing, I grabbed my car keys and left the house.

-

"Tim Hortons? Seriously, Johnson?" My best friend's facial expression just screamed disappointment. "Just wait, dang it, bro, you're so impatient." I complained and told him to find a table while I'd order us some coffee.

After I had held a conversation with Casey as I was ordering, I walked back to the table my best friend chose. I knew she worked here, that's why I chose Tim Hortons. "Five more minutes until the big surprise." I squealed like a little girl. My best friend, on the other hand, just rolled his eyes and supported his head with his hand.

"Two Caramel Coff- No." I watched Casey and Jack making eye contact and at that moment, they both stared at each other in shock. "This- No- But- What?" Casey blurted out in confusion. Jack stood up from his chair and pretty much lost his tongue, I think.

"What a coincidence!" I clapped my hands together, acting innocent. Casey didn't seem to like this idea, because she placed our coffees on our table and walked straight back to the counter. It was as if she's in shock.

"What? Casey come back!" I yelled, come on, they're supposed to burst out in tears, kiss each other and tell each other how much they missed each other. "Johnson?" Jack's voice cracked as he was still staring a head of him. "Was that really Casey or am I hallucinating stuff?" He softly asked. "That was really Casey, dude. That was my surprise." I admitted. He sat back down and put his head in his hands.

"Are you okay, bro?" I placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. I could hear him sniff a couple of times. This was the first time I saw or heard Jack actually crying. He used to be stone hard and coldhearted after he came out of the hospital, but Casey just turned him into a bighearted baby, in just a couple of seconds.

This is insane.

{hi babes, can i just let you know that i get extremely happy & excited whenever i see people commenting & voting, you guys make me so happy! love you!}