Eleven

Casey

'Good morning, princess. ;)'

That's the text I woke up to this morning. I smiled, knowing this wasn't a dream. Jack was actually back into my life. That's probably the only positive thing in my life at this very moment. I have my best friend back.

I managed to get out of bed and decided to clean up my mess. I had a day off today from work, so I was planning to either spend it on the couch with Jack or spend the day with Bea.

After I finished cleaning up, I entered the bathroom and played my favourite playlist I always dance to in the morning. I was able to shower, do my make-up and change into an outfit in less than an hour, a new record. My music stopped playing and was replaced with the all too familiar ringtone.

"Hello?" I spoke up when I pushed the green button.

"Hi baby, how are you feeling?" Jack's raspy morning voice sounded through the speakers of my phone. I giggled like a school girl at his name choice.

"I'm okay... And you?" I asked as I checked myself in the mirror one more time before I headed out the bathroom.

"I'm more than okay, I'm able to talk to you again, I couldn't have asked for something better. How's your lip?" Jack asked all of a sudden, surprising me.

"Um, it's healing, I guess." I shortly answered, hoping he wouldn't ask further about it, but knowing Jack, he'd do anything to get the answer he wants. "What happened with your lip anyway?" He nonchalantly asked, but I knew something was behind all of these questions. How did he find out?

"You know, I'm clumsy..." I hesitated, probably not sounding very believable. "Why did Sam do that to you?" Jack asked. I was busted. "Who told you?" I answered his question with a question. "That doesn't matter, Casey. Do you want me to teach Sam a lesson?" Jack offered, but I knew Sam wasn't the type to not fight back.

"I would rather want you to stay safe and not get your ass into some trouble again." I added a chuckle. Jack took his time to find a reply, but eventually started speaking. "Anyway, get ready, I'm bringing you over to my apartment so we can just hang out."

We said our goodbyes and hung up so I could get ready, but I pretty much already was. Thirty minutes later, the bell rang, so knowing it was Jack, I ran up to the door and swung it open.

"Sam?" Confusion built up inside of me. Behind him there was Johnson trying to tell me something with the looks he was giving. "What are you doing here?" I asked, my eyes still on Johnson. I saw him mouth Jack's name and signalling to shut up. All I could possibly understand about that is that I couldn't talk about Jack with Sam?

"Can we talk?" Sam pleaded, his voice sounding weak. I was about to give in, but luckily my brain reacted in time. Was I really going to give Sam, the one that basically helped Lily to ruin my life and then lie about my best friend being dead, another chance?

"Sam, I can't." I shortly said. I was expecting Jack to arrive any minute now and if I wasn't allowed to talk about Jack, I'm pretty sure he also wasn't allowed to see him. Plus, Jack would literally kill his ass if he saw him talking to me. "Casey, I know I fucked up again, but-"

"Please, keep your excuses to yourself. Sam, you need to understand that we just can't work out." I tried to explain. Sam seemed as if he was going insane. Is this all an act or does he actually care this much? "Let's go, man. You tried your best." Johnson spoke up, trying to get through Sam's mind.

"I won't give up." I heard Sam mumble and giving me a creepy look before he turned around and walked away. He's seriously not okay in his head.

-

"Remember when you spilled water on the kitchen floor and didn't even warn me-"

"Yes Jack, I remember." I giggled, having enough of all the memories he's been bringing up for the past two hours. "Sorry, I'm just happy I have you back." Jack apologised, his signature smile plastered on his face. Jesus, his smile could be the cure to any depression.

As a comfortable silence was filling the room, it had to be interrupted with Jack's phone ringing. He furrowed when he looked down at his phone, but picked up and started the conversation with, "Hey mom."

I froze in my spot, feeling a bit uneasy. What if she's going to lecture Jack, because he's hanging out with me again? I don't want Jack to get in trouble because of me.

"Tonight?" Jack said in shock as he locked eyes with me. "Alright, see you then." He hung up and kept his eyes on his phone for a couple more seconds.

"My parents are visiting me tonight." Jack announced as I nodded. "For how long?" I asked, trying to act as normal as I could. "A week or less? I think." He replied. "So I can't see you for a week?" I questioned, not being able to miss him for a week. I've missed him enough. "No, you're going to see me whether they're here or not." Jack demanded, being his stubborn little self.

"Alright, butthole." I mumbled, smiling at my best friend.

{filler chapter pretty much. make sure ya comment & vote babies.}

ps: i love you & you're hella cute ;)