Five

Casey

Waking up in someone's arms again was the feeling I missed the most. I missed waking up to the smell of man cologne and the security of muscular arms guarding me from whatever was happening around me. I finally felt some type of happiness inside of me, but I wasn't complete.

Sam didn't complete me. Yes, he gave me the butterflies, the attention I deserved, he just was a good boyfriend. But there's something wrong, there's something missing.

"Good morning, sunshine." I heard Sam's hoarse, morning voice whisper in my ear as he stretched himself out. I turned over, so I was facing him and smiled up at my boyfriend, who still seemed half asleep. "Good morning, Sam. Did you sleep well?" I asked, placing my hands on top of his chest. He was so beautiful and just... Innocent.

"How can I not sleep well when I have a beauty like you laying in my arms." Sam spoke, making the butterflies go wild in my stomach. "You're so cliché, dude." I replied, not being able to take such compliments. I always had this annoying habit that right after someone compliments me, I'd say something sarcastic or joke about it, because I don't know how to take compliments very well.

"I'm serious, when you left to Australia, I thought I'd never see you again. I thought I wouldn't be able to explain the mistakes I made and apologise for them." Sam said, his lips not too far away from mine. "And now you're mine." He finished his little speech off with a kiss on my nose and a soft chuckle.

"Let's not make it too cheesy, shall we? Talking about cheese, do you want some breakfast?" Sam asked as he struggled to get out of bed. I could tell he was still tired as hell, so I offered to make breakfast for us, while he takes a shower to wake up.

"I'll be down in a minute, baby. And oh, if Johnson wants to talk to you about something, don't." Sam demanded, his index finger pointing my way. I just simply agreed, not wanting to get on Sam's nerves in the morning.

There was something strange about the whole 'Johnson and I talking' thing. There was something he tried to tell me, but he's so hesitant and pissed, it's confusing.

"Good morning!" A wide awake Johnson walked through the kitchen, his other friends following him to the table where I laid out some things to spread on their toasts. "Please tell me you're making bacon." Zac pouted and folded his hands in a prayer. "Only because it's you." I whined and returned to the kitchen counter so I could make Zac his bacon.

At that very moment, Sam walked through the door, all done up and his hair still a bit wet from the shower. "Morning guys." He greeted his friends and smoothly walked over to me. "Hi baby." He kissed my jawline, making a smile form on my face. "Aw, look at you blushing." He said in a baby voice as I hit his arm with force. "Fuck you, I'm not blushing." I spat, hiding the smile that was spread across my face.

Sometimes, I wonder if Sam was 'the one' for me all that time? Maybe god had planned this out for me? Who knows, Jack could've been the wrong choice for me, maybe I should be happy I ended up with Sam? After all, he is the reason I'm smiling nowadays.

"You're thinking again, aren't you?" Sam's voice snapped me back into reality. "Uh, yes. But nothing negative this time, trust me." I reassured him with a weak smile and continued with the bacon, since Zac kept begging to hurry up.

"Here is your bacon, sir." I said sarcastically and placed the plate in front of Zac, who's eyes lit up immediately. "Thanks mom, I love you." He responded and started eating the freshly prepared bacon.

"Alright, now I fed you hungry kids, what's the planning for today? Anything special?" I asked as I watched the boys stuff their mouths with food. "We're heading to Omaha for the yearly reunion high school party." Andrew explained. "Reunion party? So I'm invited?" I asked, considering if I should go or not. I knew there was going to be a lot of talking about me, but as long as I have Sam by my side, I do not care.

"No, no. You're not going." Sam stepped in, seeming way too uncomfortable. "And why not?" I questioned, watching Sam search for an answer. "Well, because- People will talk and spread rumours about you." He had a point there, I knew people would see me as 'the girl Jack committed suicide for' or the good old 'slut', but for some reason I couldn't believe him. There was something else bothering him.

"Sam's nervous, because the party is ran by his ex-girlfriend." Andrew blurted out, probably unwanted when I saw Sam's face snap at Andrew. "And who's his ex?" I asked Andrew, who seemed to be saying the truth most of the time. He's like the "dumb one" of the group.

"Lil-"

"Lillian, Lillian is her name." Sam interrupted Andrew, who shook his head at the same time.

Wait.

"Sam?" I spoke up, fearing for the answer I'd get. "Mhm?" He hummed, probably scared for the question he'd get as well. "Is your ex-girlfriend... Lily?" From the moment I said her name, Sam froze in his spot and started stuttering.

"Alright fine, yes. It's Lily." Sam finally admitted.

{comment & vote babies.}