Twenty-Nine

Jack

"Oh my god, Jack, look." Casey squeals, pointing to the toddler smiling up at us. I laughed at Casey's cuteness as she kneeled down, waving at the little boy.

"Hi, what's your name?" Casey asks the boy in a baby voice. "Jake." The boy answers shyly, hiding himself behind his mother's leg, who was too busy checking clothes instead of paying attention to her son. We could've been child kidnappers, come on.

"My name is Casey and I think you're cute." Casey continues talking to the toddler, poking his little stomach. Seeing Casey act that way with children, made me want to propose to her even sooner than planned. I couldn't wait to have our own baby.

"Casey, let's go, we need to be home in time, before your father's family arrive." I grabbed her hand, pulling her away from Jake. "You're just jealous, because he was about to steal your girl." Casey jokes, laughing at herself. I couldn't help but kiss her in the middle of the crowded shopping centre. I wasn't a fan of PDA, but with Casey I go beyond my boundaries.

As soon as we arrived home, Casey started preparing dinner; beef burritos. Just a couple of minutes later, Mr. Vale and his family rang the doorbell so Casey and I waited at the front door to meet them.

Casey

First my dad came in, but behind my dad walked in a blonde-haired woman who seemed to be in her mid-thirties. She had two boys walking in behind her; those are my 'half siblings' I assume.

"Hi, my name is Alexandra and these are my two sons, Ben and Jeffrey." The woman embraced Jack and I in a hug. "Hello, I'm Casey and this is my boyfriend Jack." I introduced us to them, shaking the boys' hands. Jeffrey seemed to be 16, the other 14.

"Alright, I'll have dinner ready in a little bit, so take your seats at the table, I'll be right back." I announced, pulling Jack with me into the kitchen. "So?" He asked, waiting for me to show any reaction.

"I don't know, she seems nice. The boys are shy though." I say, shrugging as I walked back into the dining room, with the dinner of course. I served each person their plate, before serving myself as I watched everyone eat my burritos anxiously. I'm always anxious when I'm cooking for people.

"Oh my god, this is wonderful. You have to give me the recipe!" Alexandra squeals, enjoying her burrito. The boys silently ate, but seemed to like it as well. My dad was obviously smiling proudly at me, so I returned the smile.

-

"Thank you so much for dinner, Casey. We'll see you later?" Alexandra hugs me one more time followed by her sons. "We should hang out some time to make up for the years we've missed." The oldest, Jeffrey, finally spoke up, handing me a small piece of paper with his number on it.

"Bye Casey," Ben waves following his mother's steps.

"Man, I'm tired." I whisper, closing the door and returning to the kitchen to wash the dishes, only to see Jack already doing them. "You go and relax, baby. You've done enough today." Jack said, running his fingers through his hair, forgetting his hands were covered in soap.

"Well fuck... I needed a shower anyway." Jack shrugged it off, continuing with the dishes.

{wooh, onto the next chapter! comment & vote babies! ❤️}