9 - # HEROIC ENTRANCE

Comincia dall'inizio

on the sides of my neck, just under my pulse, crescent-shaped scabs of drying blood from when shigaraki dug in his fingernails.

"are you guys seeing this?" mineta whisper-yelled, "all might's on a whole 'nother level!"

asui sighed, glancing at the fight from over her shoulder. "and yet he still has to look at his notes when he's teaching us..."

izuku nodded along to their comments, glancing back at the central plaza. his mouth immediately closed, the words he was about to say falling off his tongue as he absorbed the scene in front of him.

his grip on our teacher loosened, causing me to stop and glance back at him confusedly. "what is it?"

"syd." izuku murmured, eyes still locked ahead. "will you be alright carrying mr. aizawa alone?"

"what are you gonna do?" i said warily.

he passed aizawa's full body weight over to me, gazing down at all might and the nomu below. immediately, he started running back down the staircase and along the strip of pavement leading to the almost entirely destroyed central plaza.

"wait—" i said quickly, "you can't be serious!"

my words fall on deaf ears, however, as he continues in his pursuit of leaping into the fight. meanwhile, all might was being held with kurogiri under him and the nomu's black and slimy hand clasped around his stomach. blood pooled at his white shirt, the number one hero gritting his teeth to silence the grunts of pain.

"tsu, take mr. aizawa, please," i said.

"you're both going down? are you crazy?!" mineta screamed exasperatedly.

i sighed and passed out teacher into asui's arms, making sure she was steady in supporting his weight until i let go. "if he's going, then so am i."

izuku's form sprinted down the steep staircase, the loud thuds of his shoes cascading against the stone in echoing beats. as he reached the bottom stair, his knee bent low and sent him leaping into the air, fist glowing crimson. the air crackled with electric energy, emanating from the power's core.

his body moved with superhuman speed, almost to the point where all those around him seemed to move in slow motion. right hand outstretched, knuckles shining with power, kurogiri's swirling violet mist appeared in front of all might's body.

darkness shrouded, before being suddenly illuminated with orange light as an explosion ricocheted through the air and sent izuku flying to the side.

"get the hell outta my way, deku!" katsuki screamed.

his other hand closed on the shining metal arm encasing kurogiri's neck, putting his weight along his arm and forcing down the villain with gravity's pursuit.

ice climbed the torn-up cement, frost glittering with the shine of light as it pathed through to the nomu, spreading up the beast's body without discretion. todoroki soon followed, eyes flitting to the number one hero as a strange expression fell along his features.

"one of your poorly trained thugs told me you're here because you think you can kill all might." he seethed, shooting a glare at shigaraki.

the number one hero grunted, his hands clawing at the nomu's frost-glittered body, prying back its fingers far enough for him to be able to leap out of its grip. he flipped and skidded back, landing beside izuku.

"are you okay?" my best friend quickly said, eyes locked on the bloodstain spreading along all might's shirt.

kirishima let out a yell, leaping down the side with his arm reared back. shigaraki reeled out of the way, hand stretching out before the redhead could react.