579.Dove Occupying The Magpie's Nest

Lisa never expected that her damn aunt, Lee Liyin, was pretending to be her mother!

She realised that Lee Liyin had officially entered the Lee family seven to eight years ago. That meant that her birth mother had been missing for nearly eight years…

In that case… where had her mother, Lee Lilan, been all these years?

Lisa suddenly became frightened.

She was worried about the worst possible situation.

Jungkook read the results with Lisa and came to know of the truth behind the Lee family.

As he took in Lisa’s pale complexion, he easily guessed her worries…

“Don’t be afraid.” He opened his arms and held her tightly in his embrace. He spoke with some heartache in his voice. “I’ll immediately send someone to investigate Lee Lilan’s whereabouts.”

Lisa shifted closer into Jungkook’s arms and leaned her head against his shoulder. Her voice was slightly broken. “Jungkook, will my mom be okay?”

Lee Liyin was pretending to be the female owner of the Lee family. In order for her to secure this position, she must have been scheming over a long period of time.

It was very likely that the real Lee Lilan was already…

Jungkook was not good at comforting others. He also did not wish to lie to her. Thus, he responded heavily. “No matter what happens, I’ll always be by your side.”

‘Just as you said, I’ll spend my entire life doting on you and loving you.’

“Uu…” She could not control her tears anymore. “You horrible man. You’re not even willing to lie to me. Tell me that my mom will be fine, that she’s waiting somewhere to return home to me!”

She knew very well that Jungkook could not bring himself to lie to her precisely because he loved her very much.

“Lisa, Lisa!” Jungkook called her name and kissed her tears away in heartache. “I’m here. I’m with you.”

As Lisa’s cries turned softer, he lifted his hands and tried to wipe her tears away.

“My brother has the right to know the truth.” Lisa reached for her phone and took a photo of the DNA results. She then sent it to Sehun through WeChat and wrote a long message explaining the truth about Lee Liyin.

She sent the same message to her good friend, Tzuyu.

Several minutes later, Sehun gave her a call. The moment she answered, Sehun spoke urgently. “Third Sister, where are you? I’ll come right now!”

Jungkook spoke up coldly. “There’s no need to trouble you. I am here to accompany my fiancée.”

“These are separate matters. Jungkook, is there a need to be jealous of me?” Sehun sounded clearly unhappy. “Lisa must be very unhappy right now. The Lee family has been eaten up by three greedy wolves. We need to clean up our home.”

“I’m the only person in Lisa’s heart. what right do you have to make me jealous?” Although Jungkook said so, in truth, he still minded the twenty years of sibling relationship Lisa shared with Sehun. This was especially due to Sehun’s ambiguous feelings regarding her. “I will handle the Lee family’s matters. There’s no need for you to do anything.”

“You…” Sehun wanted to continue.

But Jungkook cut him off and reminded coldly. “You’re currently a criminal. If you appear in front of those thieves, it’ll be obvious that you’re on bail for medical reasons despite being completely healthy. You’ll only cause unnecessary trouble for Lisa.”

“Brother, it’s alright.” Lisa comforted him. “I’ll handle the Lee family’s matters well. I won’t let them take anything more that doesn’t belong to them. None of them will be able to escape the consequences they deserve! Don’t worry.”

She ended the call after that.

On the other side of the call, Sehun smiled bitterly.