33 | He Was Gone

Jungkook was looking forward to lunch with his friends from the island

Jungkook was looking forward to lunch with his friends from the island. It's astonishing how one can bond with strangers after being stranded together. Jimin, Hobi, and Lisa were like family to him and his closest confidants besides his husband. Trying to survive the raw elements of the island bonded them. And now they were trying to survive their rescue together.

Madison, his coworker from Harlem would also join them today. This late lunch / early dinner was just what he needed to ease his mind. Stress had started to get to him.

He was a newly pregnant man and his health was made volatile instantly. Men giving birth was a new phenomenon to most of the world and it came with great risk. And this medical complication seemed to be looming as if to keep him from being optimistic about his future as a father.

He was also married to one of the most popular billionaires in the city and that aspect of his new life brought its own worries. Taehyung was keeping him out of danger with security measures that suffocated him. Tae only did this out of love so he tried not to give him crap about it. However, being cooped up in the penthouse was getting old.

After the meet up, he, Lisa and Madison would shop for items to decorate a baby room. He was now two months pregnant and will soon need maternity clothes as well. Claire would meet up with them to introduce Jungkook to the latest fashion in mommy wear.

Though he was a bit stressed, Jungkook had so much to be grateful for. He was married to a wonderful man that he was deeply in love with. The pregnancy seemed to bring them even closer. Every since the pregnancy was confirmed, Taehyung spent his free time rubbing Kook's belly and talking to the baby in a cute Italian New Yorker accent. He was pretty sure the baby would think his daddy was a mafia leader.

But Taehyung was the opposite of that. He was a good guy but carried the power of a gang leader. Power like that was never simply obtained but rather earned. Jungkook always thought it was sexy.

Taehyung was also even more protective of his husband these days. Jungkook had only been going places if Tae was with him. Taehyung was sure to not give him any intelligence to upset him, so he kept all the Switzerland/Wang business from him. Meanwhile, he continuously worked to keep him safe.

Min Yoongi had filled Taehyung in on details that Jackson would be after Jungkook. Taehyung had learned that Sawyer was more involved with Jackson Wang than he previously thought. The billionaire's next move needed to be to find out just how involved. Naturally, he put his husband on lockdown. The only time Kook was going to be outside the penthouse, without him, was today.

And today Kook had to make his move. For Taehyung. For himself. For Baby Kim.

Before having a visit with friends, Jungkook had a doctor's appointment. He was accompanied by Taehyung and Tae's mother. Normally there would not be an ultrasound this early, but Taehyung pressed just to make sure the baby was ok.