29 | Pent Up Penthouse Prince

Kai was led into Torrey's office by his assistant

Kai was led into Torrey's office by his assistant. As he walked in he just waved his hand and mouthed 'hello' as he didn't want to disrupt his business call.

Torrey got off the phone and stood and shook Kai's hand and they both sat back down.

"Wow, it's not common that I get to sit across from a supermodel and actor. To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Well, I'm wanting to talk to you about Taehyung. I'm a bit concerned for his welfare. It seems that everywhere he travels, there is some type of catastrophe. I've tried to talk sense into him that maybe he should involve the cops, but he won't listen. So I was hoping that the company was doing what it could to protect him."

"By all means we are." Torrey was taken aback by the question. This whole visit was confusing. But Taehyung asked him to go ahead and take the meeting to see what Kai was up to.

"So, what happened in Switzerland? Were you guys protecting him then? He could've been killed." Kai spoke in an accusatory tone.

"That's just it. The key word is almost. Being who my cousin is in business alone, he will always have security detail."

"That's what I already know. But I'm wondering if there is something going on in Switzerland that is now pouring over into business here. Not to be intrusive, but maybe Taehyung's business in Switzerland, whatever it is, needs some type of insurance. Get what I'm saying?"

"I don't understand exactly. Do you mean the normal contracts that constitute what happens to the property legally in the case the CEO becomes incapacitated?"

"Yes, sort of."

"Well, I don't think Taehyung would mind my telling you this. You guys are close friends. But all properties purchased by Kim Corp are owned by Kim Corp. Whether something happens to my cousin, God forbid, is of no matter to any business we would have in Switzerland." Torrey had a feeling that Kai knew something that he shouldn't about the property.

"So what about properties that are purchased by Kim Taehyung and not Kim Corp?"

And there it was. Kai knew about the property being purchased in Switzerland by Taehyung and his personal investor friends. He was here to find out if something happened to Taehyung and if the property would be left to another family member. And it indeed would be but Torrey would not reveal that detail.

"We don't make a practice of making purchases that way. Kim Corp makes the purchases in order to protect Taehyung and any other stakeholders."

"Aww, I see. Excellent. That was a thought I had. I was worried for him is all."

With a fake smile, Torrey responded "And it's good to hear that my family has such a kind, well-connected, and powerful ally in its corner."