23 | Collateral Damage

"What the fuck Jungkook?" Taehyung's eyes were bright but not in a good way

"What the fuck Jungkook?" Taehyung's eyes were bright but not in a good way. He hit the wall next to his head with his fist. He flinched.

"Taehyung it was not my fault. It was an innocent short conversation and then he reached up to touch my face."

"It looked like you were flirting with him."

"I. Was. Not. I was being slightly kind and that was it. He threw me off by touching my face. Who the fuck does that as soon as they meet a person?"

"And you didn't lead him on in any kind of way? From my viewpoint, it looked like you enjoyed his attention."

"You know what I'm already over this discussion. I'm leaving." Jungkook turned to walk out and Tae snatched him by his arm and pulled him back.

"Don't you ever turn your back to me while I'm talking? Do you understand?" Taehyung looked dark and sinister. Jungkook had never seen this look.

"Taehyung let me go." Tears were forming in his eyes while Tae's were still heated from the argument.

Taehyung finally looked into Kook's eyes and saw his fear and he eased his grasp on him. He went in to kiss him and Kook turned his head away.

Oh no you don't. Your charm won't work this time.

"Taehyung I'm tired of this. We've argued so much since we got back to New York."

"I agree. And I'm sorry."

"You'll always apologize. You go from 0 to 100 and I have to placate you to get you to calm down. It's starting to be a whole cycle. And I'll calm you down and then right when I think we will have a perfect day, we end up in arguments. I am quite over it." Jungkook was now the one who wanted to punch a wall.

"What are you saying?" His eyes were back to devastated stares.

"I think we need a break," Jungkook suggested.

"What?"

"We need a break. We were supposed to be leaving for Atlanta tomorrow but I think I should go alone."

"You wanna' break up with me?"

"Whatever you want to call it. We need time apart."

"Baby all I'm trying to do is love you and make you happy." Taehyung cried out.

"Taehyung look at my face," he said pointing with his right hand. New tears were streaming. "Does this look happy to you?"