♥ Genesis ♥

♥ Genesis ♥

Much to my surprise, I was permitted to have someone help me move my belongings into Jungkook's home. Naturally, I dragged along the one who got me into this mess in the first place, Taehyung. I didn't have much to bring since everything was already fully furnished, so my bags were mostly filled with clothes, shoes, and a few miscellaneous items. I was told I could bring my own décor, but something felt wrong about disturbing the way things were in a home that wasn't truly mine, so I ended up selling or trashing most everything else I owned.

As a drama connoisseur, and a good judge of first impressions, the penthouse was everything I expected it to be. It was modern and minimalistic, mostly decorated in cool tones of gray, black, and deep indigo. Despite its simplicity, it was dripping in decadence, and the view was otherworldly. It was straight from a dream. I was provided the code to enter on my own, and it seemed as though no one was home when Taehyung and I arrived.

"This is amazing," he gaped. "I am sort of regretting getting you an interview. I should have tried for the job myself. Do you think your boss will take on a second assistant?"

"No, I don't," I scoffed. "Actually, I don't know him well enough to speak for him yet, but I don't want to live with you so I am saying no anyways."

Taehyung scrunched his nose at me. "You're a brat. You asked to live with me just a week ago."

"I'm a new woman now."

He glared at me in response but we both couldn't resist breaking out into a fit of laughter. "I'm proud of you, Y/N." He poked the side of my arm.

"Don't go getting sentimental on me."

"I'm not!" He plopped down on the living room couch. "You were really bummed out so I'm glad this worked out for you. You've been through a lot and you deserve something good to happen."

I took a seat next to him. "Thanks, Tae. It's not like we're saying goodbye or anything though. So, stop before I ugly cry again."

He grinned. "You're right. Though I doubt your boss wants to see my beautiful face in his home every day."

"You'd be correct about that." A voice spoke from behind us, coming down the stairs. A voice that could belong to one person only- Jeon Jungkook. "While you are welcome to visit from time to time, I'd prefer you didn't make a habit of hanging out here."

I was frozen in shock, and unsure if I should shoot up from the couch or stay where I was seated. Thankfully Tae, being the social butterfly that he is, made his way over to Jungkook to greet him. It wasn't as though I was doing anything wrong, it was made clear that the living room was a shared space and Jungkook knew I was having someone over to help me move, but I still felt like an intruder nonetheless. It was going to take some getting used to before I became comfortable with my place here.

I decided getting off my butt to greet him was my best option, and moved over to where the two men were standing. Jungkook was dressed casually in an oversized shirt and denim jeans. It was jarring, to say the least. He was somehow even more gorgeous in simple clothes than he was in a suit and tie. It made him look a tiny bit less intimidating, too, but only a tiny bit. My heart was still racing with nerves.

"Kim Taehyung," my friend introduced himself.

"Jeon Jungkook."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. We're we too loud?" I spoke up. It was afternoon so it was possible he'd been sleeping given how late they start work at the company.

He turned to me with a look of disgust. "Just Jungkook, please. I'm not some old man."

"She thought you were." Taehyung giggled.

My mouth dropped, my cheeks flushed, and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped beating in my chest. "I- I'd never met you so I just assumed..." If I was sure Jungkook wouldn't see me, I would be sending Taehyung the meanest look I could muster.

I braced myself to be scolded, but Jungkook only laughed. "I'm sorry to disappoint you. But no, you weren't too loud. I took the next few days off to assist you with your transition."

Taehyung clapped his hands together and began to back away. "I should be going then. You're on your own for unpacking, Y/N." He turned back to us once more before opening the door to leave. "Nice to meet you, Jungkook! I promise I won't be here too often."

"He's charming enough," Jungkook mumbled, before looking over at me. "Your boyfriend?"

"Oh, no," I corrected. "Tae's my best friend. He's actually the one who recommended that I apply for this job. He's friends with one of your executives...I'm not sure of the name."

Jungkook brought his hand to his lips. "Hm, it is likely Jimin. He's the only one of us who gets out much."

I fumbled with the hem of my shorts, feeling self conscious in the uncomfortable silence between us. "Um, I should go unpack, then."

I hardly waited for acknowledgement before rushing towards my room with my luggage in tow. I wasn't even sure exactly where I was going but I knew it was on the bottom floor. When I found the bedroom that was to be mine, I threw my luggage to the floor and leaned back on the bed. It was a lovely room. Only decorated slightly more femininely than the rest of the house. It made me wonder who had lived here before. Another assistant?

My phone was already buzzing when I pulled it out of my pocket.

TaeTae: Okay, why is your boss so hot?

Y/N: He's also terrifying, thanks.

TaeTae: He wasn't even mean! Don't be a baby!

Y/N: He's only playing nice. They even warned me he was a tough boss. I told you how he was during the interview!

TaeTae: You probably had something in your teeth that grossed him out...

Y/N: ...

Y/N: I hate you.

I tossed my phone on the bed and began to unpack my suitcases. With the few belongings I'd brought, the room looked barren. Maybe I would spend my weekend off shopping for something to make the place look lived in. Maybe I could ask Jungkook if he wanted to go as an olive branch- in case he did actually hate me already.