Chapter 31-Ritual and festival

It's late afternoon when both you and Neteyam sit alone in your bedroom undisturbed.Your back lays against the wooden walls while Neteyam knees down beside you.Neteyam's hands stroke over your wound while applying some ointment,"You will heal in no time " he mutters out, his face contorts into a guilty one.You look confusingly at him,"What's wrong Neteyam?" You ask him softly, placing your hand over his.A sigh erupts from him before he looks over your wound once more."If I was being more careful, you wouldn't have gotten this" he closes his eyes, not wanting to look at your wound any longer.

A soft chuckle emits out of you,"Netey, you don't hold the blame for this wound" you move your hand to his cheek, smoothing a thumb over it softly.He looks towards you once more,"I would do it hundred times over if I have to" you smile up at him.His lips press into a thin like before he pulls you into his chest,"And I would do the same to protect you" he laughs heartily.

Ronal suddenly walks in and places a basket to the ground which appears to be filled with clothes."The Ritual will begin soon, I suggest you both get ready" you states before walking out the room once more.Your eyes glimmer before you look towards Neteyam,"Someome seems excited" he chuckles at your reaction.You squeal before Neteyam abruptly pulls you up in the air, spinning you around in his arms.You laugh loudly at his actions,"Neteyam!, we need to get ready!" You squeal.

It doesn't take much time before you two are fully dressed and begin adding the final touches.Neteyam helps you place your hair ornaments while you fiddle around with Neteyam's ceremonial cape."Very handsome" you whisper to your mate lovingly.He smiles brightly at you, a small blush appearing on his face."Very beautiful Tiyawn" (Love), He places a small kiss to your temple before leading you out the doorway.

You and Neteyam arrive at the ceremonial site hand in hand before your Father appears beside the two of you,"My child, you're all grown up now" you father places a hand to your cheek.A smile appears on your face"Father..." you blush, slightly embarrassed by his words.

Your father quickly pulls away before he beckons everyone, crowds begin to close in awaiting your father's words."Today is a very special occasion, not only has my child grown to be a beautiful young warrior, she has found someone perfect for herself.He will be our future Olo'eyktan" Your father places a hand onto Neteyam's back,"He is a fine warrior and will be an even greater Olo'eyktan in the future, i am sure" The crowd cheer at your fathers words while Neteyam smiles brightly, raising his fist to the air."Tonight we will feast and celebrate my daughters engagement!" Crowds cheer loudly.Your eyes scan the crowd, noticing Bakteyo stands off in the distance scowling at you and Neteyam.You don't bother to entertain him and instead chuckle to yourself before walking towards your mate."Let's feast then!" You smile.

Everyone sits down at a huge table, filled to the brim with maybe delicious treats and dishes, both your family and the Sully family sit beside each other while other respectable families sit near by engaging in light chatter among each other.

After a while when everyone is finished their meals, Tonowari jokes" I hope not to see grandchildren too early on" he laugh causing you and Neteyam to choke on your food, a huge blush appears on your face,"Of course Father!" You nearly shout, embarrassed by your fathers abrupt words.Neteyam nods quickly at your words.This causes your parents to laugh heartily at the two of you.

Soon after everyone had finished their meals it was time to begin the dancing rituals, which in your opinion was the most exciting part of the whole experience.To be able to dance and sing with your partner is a great joy.Swiftly you grab Neteyam's arms, pulling him to the centre before you usher him to dance along with you.A huge smile appears on his face as Neteyam watches how your face lights up in joy.He certainly wasn't the best dancer here tonight but it didn't matter because you are here dancing with him not anyone else.Neteyam sways you around while you follow along with the songs beats.

Gently you rest your head on Neteyam head as the song slowly comes to a close, Neteyam's hands still lingering on your waist as he pulls you into a gentle hug."So pretty" he mutters.There is never a day where Neteyam doesn't tell you have beautiful he thinks you are.

Tonight you and Neteyam are official mates accepted by all your clan members, you can't possibly think of a way for this night to be any better.

__________________________________

[A/N]
833 words
Just a heads up I'll be posting two more alternate chapters (I'll probably post those later cause I'm lazy)
Anyways enjoy the chapter!