chapter 4-group's daily chores

As the day began to brighten up and the sky changed to a light pale blue colour, you made your way towards the rest of your family after getting ready for the day-who are all already seated down for breakfast.You sat down next to your father and greeted both your parents 'good morning' before plating you meal.Your plate consisted of various different vegetables and dried up seeds sort of like a salad, beside it was a small cup of fruit juice you had squeezed the other day.Throughout the meal you chatted with your father and family, specifically about how your new guests are dealing with the change in scenery.You had told your father"at first they were finding it difficult but now it is as though they have lived here their whole lives",your Father pondered for a moment before stating that "although they are guests ,if they are going to continue living here they must do their part"-he was referring to chores.He noticed your reluctancy and gave you a stern look."of course father".That was all that was said before you packed up all the food and made your way towards the Sully family.

You make your way towards the cove's beach-it was normally where the Sully family hung out, Tuk especially loved it as she was able to make sand castle and various other shapes.Eventually you reach the beach , you find that the whole family including Tsireya were sitting and chatting in a small circle just below a few palm trees.You notice lately that your little sister seems to be hanging around the Sully family a lot lately, especially Lo'ak.It was beginning to get obvious about her slight attraction towards the boy(not that you minded).Tuk is the first to notice you, she begins running towards to "Y/n!!!" she screams in joy, this causes the rest of the group to look towards where Tuk was running to.Neteyam comes second and greets you with a small smile plastered on his face."guys I have some bad news, well bad for you, funny for me"you giggle.Everyone looks at you nervously-suspense is in the air-"you will all have to...complete daily chores!"you shout the last bit out causing everyone to groan except Tsireya who is already accustomed to the fact, who instead giggles at everyones reaction.Neteyam gives you a little pout. Tuk gets visibly upset by the fact so you crouch down next to her slightly smoothing her hair as you say"Of course if you want, Tuk you can do mine with me , that way you won't have to do as much work"you smile at her causing her to jump up and down in excitement."Thank you y/n!"Tuk smiles brightly.Neteyam quickly looks at you without much thought and says"can I join you too?"you notice how his eye are more widened like a baby Ilu,most likely in anticipation.The whole group just stand and watch Neteyam and you,"Of course you can"you stand up straight again to look up at him properly.you then turn towards Tsireya,"Tsireya can help kiri and Lo'ak" you smirk at her.As  you turn back to Neteyam, you notice him smiling down at you-His cheeks beginning to warm up at you continue to look into his eyes-.He isn't sure he'll be able to hide his feelings very well if you look at him like that again, he thinks to himself.Everyone slips up into two groups to begin their chores, walking off in two opposite directions.

One of your main chores, one you found extremely difficult was fruit picking.You weren't exactly adapt to climbing trees , good thing you have a certain forest boy to help.As you all make your way towards the section of the island dedicated to planting and collecting fruits ,you discussed what chores you'd be doing today.If you were honest you were a little embarrassed to ask Neteyam for help but none the less you did."uhm..." you mumble out causing Neteyam to look at you confused."our first chore will be fruit picking..."Neteyam listens intently."and well , I can't exactly reach them so I'll be leaving that job for you..."You look down clearly embarrassed.Neteyam chuckles at your confession,"so what you are saying is you're not tall enough?" He laughs out not maliciously but jokingly.You quickly look up at him , bewildered.None one has ever dared to mention your height especially as the Olo'eyktan's eldest daughter(it wasn't like you were extremely short, just average height).Smacking his arm lightly in attempt to change the topic.Neteyam chuckle at you reaction just before Tuk jumps in front of both of you and crosses her arm with a deadpan look on her face.she raises her hand ,pointing at you two."stop flirting you two" you pouts at the both of you.This causes both you and Neteyam to look at each other wide eyed before looking away,"we aren't flirting" shouts both teens-clearly embarrassed.

Finally you all reach the far side of the island."okay we are here" you smile,"Me and Tuk will pick the fruits from the bushes over here and could you pick the fruits from the trees over there Neteyam?".Neteyam chuckles in response"Yeah,no worry shorty" he smirks down at you just before you chuck the baskets at his face , causing him to fall to the floor.This causes Tuk to laugh loudly in response.You all quickly get to work , picking nearly all the fruits with quick time.By then end of it , all baskets were filled to the brim.proud of yourself ,you all fist bump each other happily."Where are we going now,Y/n?" asks Tuk.You hold her hand gently,"we will be going back to the village to go help the sick and elderly"you tenderly said.

At long last you all make It towards the village, upon entry, many Na'vi ask for you help in healing their children, mates and elderly parents, to which to comply.Neteyam and Tuk strayed behind you ,He had noticed how dedicated and passionate you were when it came to helping your people.Neteyam and Tuk tried their best to help by passing you items you requested or placing blankets on the sick although they weren't as much of a help to the Na'vi compared to you who knew how to make the medicine to help.Kiri would definitely be much more help than he is being right now,He would always rely on her when it came to his own injuries ,not bothering to learn how to patch himself up.At last you had patched up everyone and made your way across the room to inform Neteyam and Tuk that is is time to complete their last chore.While walking towards your separate pod(bedroom),You and Neteyam constantly seem to be bumping into each other slightly; hands touching every so often.You all reach your pod and you explain that "a lot of fish baskets have broken lately and we must make some new ones."You pass everyone the materials to begin crafting new baskets.As you create your own basket , you all teach them at the same time.Every so often guiding Neteyam's hand.After a while both Neteyam and Tuk begin to get the hang at it and quickly craft the basket along side you.After you finish your own basket , you notice Tuk having some difficulty so to take it upon yourself to help her finish it off, while happily chatting with her.With your back turned to Neteyam , he has the brilliant idea to create a small flower out of the left over material you gave him-keeping it behind his back , to wait for the right time to give it to you.Ao'nung comes in at the last moment, leaning against the door frame and makes fun of Neteyam's basket.In response you pull out one of his old baskets and wave it in the air for him to see "better than this old one of yours?Ao'nung" you look at him irked.Tuk begins to laugh again,"That's worse than mine" she smiles at him.He just scoffs and walks back to where ever he was before he came in."Sorry about him" You gently say to Neteyam.You look out your window noticing that it is around lunch time ,"Tuk I think its time for you to go eat something, ill see you later" you wave her off before turning towards Neteyam.You notice his cheeks turn to a pale pink colour,"uhm,I made this for you" he raise his hand behind his back and shows you the flower he made."you don't have to take it" he mumbles out.You step close to him, merely inches away from him."I love it" You smile up at him.

After lunch you walk  Neteyam  home as you both stand in front of the pod, Neteyam stands to ask you something.He scratches his head "so...are you busy tomorrow?"you ponder a bit before saying that "I actually havre training to attend to" you respond."you?training?"Neteyam ponders at what sort of training it could be, you are already good at virtually everything."yes, i have combat training, if you would like we could spar tomorrow after I have my training session with my instructor" you look up at him smirking."tomorrow after lunch?".Neteyam likes the sound of that.

________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N]

1559 words

ill be honest I wasn't exactly sure what sort of things Na'vi eat so I had to search it up(most vegetables and fruits, maybe some fish) , I eventually decided not to specifically mention the names.Anyways sorry for the long release of this chapter I had a bunch of revision to do.

Anyways sorry for the long release of this chapter I had a bunch of revision to do