Chapter 27-A Lover's comfort

Neteyam jogs towards his family pod as rapidly as he could, in hopes that his parents wont notice his late arrival.Swiftly he jumps through his bedroom window only to be met with his mother leaning on the doorway."Oh ... Hello mother" Neteyam stuttered out."Where were you?" His mother asked sternly.Neytiri sighed before questioned once more"Y/n?".Neteyam's eyes widened- There is no use hiding it now.

"Yes I was with Y/n"Neteyam scrunched his hands into tight fist, afraid of his mother reaction."We are...are mated" Neteyam mumbled out.Neytiri swiftly went in to pull her son into a tight hug."I am proud of you son, I have heard of her recent chosen mate, she did not seem very happy about it" Neytiri sighed"A similar event happened to me but your father saved me from it, I'm very happy for you two" she pulled away "Treat her well son" she placed her hand on top of her sons head gently.

As Neteyam walks through the village thinking of his mother words in his mind, a small, gleeful smile sprouts on his face.Suddenly Neteyam is roughly pulled back from his thoughts by a hand on his shoulder.He looks to see who it is-Ao'nung."It's Bakteyo, he told our parents everything about you and Y/n, I don't know where she is but it's bad" Ao'nung frantically says.Neteyam waists no time-He knows exactly where you'd be.

Once he reaches the spot on the beach after some time, he notices a figure crouched down on a rock platform.Large tear streams rolled down your face, your arms were wrapped around your body tightly while you sobbed into your knees.

Neteyam slowly nears you,"Oh, My love" Neteyam whispered softly.As soon as you noticed him, you jumped quickly into his arms.Neteyam wrapped his larger arms around your torso and brought your head into the crook of his own neck while he stroked your hair gently."Shh... I'm here for you now"Neteyam whispered to you once more.His heart was filled with so much sorrow seeing you breakdown in front of him like this.

After some time you cooled down and we're able to stop yourself crying however you stayed within his arms while he held you tightly in his arms."Want to talk about it?" Neteyam asked you softly.you sniffled,"My mother found out and she's just angry, upset and it feels like both my parents hate me...I feel so lost"sorrow filled your voice.Deep down Neteyam felt guilty, as though everything bad that was happening to you was all his fault."Y/n they don't hate you, I see they way they look at you, they love you truly" Neteyam sighed."You are just in a rough spot, okay? Things will get better I promise" Neteyam gave a quick kiss to your fingers.I'm return you placed you free hand on his cheek before planting a quick kiss to his lips."Thank you my love" you smile softly, still sniffling.

Neteyam takes you to his hut, explaining on the way that "Around this time my pod is usually free" he leads you into his hut before gently wrapping a small blanket around your body and pulling you into his side.He quickly began cooking some sort of a dish."smells good Netey, what are you making".'Netey' is a nickname you have decided to give him of recent, each time he hears you usher those words his heart blossoms.

Eventually he finishes and begins plating both meals, one for you and one for him."Here you go my love, be careful it's hot" he pushes a wooden bowl of soup in front of you."It will help your sore throat" he smiled warmly at you."Thank you Netey" you smiled warmly at him.You both began to eat in comfortable silence, you continued to lay your body on his gently.Out of the blue you said"You know I'm very lucky to have you as my mate" You whispered to him.This caught him off guard."I feel the same way about you my love" he placed another kiss on your temple before wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Just so you know My parents have no problem with you"Neteyam squeezed your waist gently."Really?" You asked him excited, a huge smile appearing on your face.You are glad that at least one of your two parents are happy with the engagement."That's great news!" You exclaim.You go to wrap your arms around Neteyam warmly, Neteyam pulls you in even closer causing the two of you to fall over softly onto the floor.You both giggle and laugh together contently.Your eyes travel to his golden ones"Have I ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" You ask him genuinely.This causes Neteyam to burst into flames"Y/n..." he mumbles out.You chuckle at his cute reaction, you watch as he goes to cover his eyes using his hand.

While he wasn't looking you placed a kiss to his lips before pulling away from him and sitting up straight.Neteyam instantly sits up, slight embarrassment showing on his features.He pulls you in from the waist and gives you a kiss in return."Payback" he winks at you with a sly smile on his face.

You both stay together for the rest of the day, together in each other's arms.
__________________________________

[A/N]
879 words
I'm going to be honest I don't want to write the next chapter because it's mainly just the actual movie plot instead of any interaction between Neteyam and Y/n