Chapter 14-Lies

Gradually the eclipse begins to settle in as you walk home giddy.You walk in while your parents are sat adjacent to each other.None of them speak however the watch as you manoeuvre yourself towards your room-Its oddly silent.Before you could walk into your room they call out for you."where have you been Y/n?". You slowly turn around before stiffly saying "I was hanging out with my best friend Mother, ill make sure not to be late next time"You try offering a small smile all she responses with is a turn of her head, clearing not happy with your response.You walk into your room and sit down on your bed mat.

Moments later Ao'nung comes strutting inside your room.He smirks at you before bending down on his knees so he is on the same level as you."so where exactly were you?"His arms are crossed as he asks the question.You narrow your eyes at him"I already said".Ao'nung gives you a questioning look before laughing"ohh, your best friend.You mean Neteyam right?"Little did you both know was that your mother was standing right outside the door and was listening to every word of the convo."Let me go tell Mother the truth" he laughs out once more.Clearing her throat she states"Do not tell me you were out with that Forest boy"She says sternly.Ao'nung's back was faced away from your mother so she could not see his reaction but his face held a shocked face.Deep down you knew he never meant to tell mother.Lately he seemed to no longer hold a grudge against the new-comers and has even be-friended Lo'ak now.Your eyes widen as you turn to mother before saying"Mother he is only messing around, I truly was with my friend"You place a hand on your heart. Truly you felt incredibly guilty for lying to your mothers face but you would rather this than her finding out the truth.Ao'nung jumps in quickly"Yes mother I was only joking, even I saw her today with her friend".All your mother says is "If I find out you were hanging out with that boy there will be consequences".Ao'nung turns back to you before giving you an apologetic smile.You smack his head gently."Be careful next time"You whisper out.

"Why did you come here anyways, to make fun of me?"You cross your arms at him.He stands up laughing,"Of course not dear sister, I just came here for this"His hands move towards his necklace that was placed on your table-You had fixed it up for him after he damaged the seashell on it.He pauses for a moment, His eyes are trained towards the necklace on your neck.It was the one Neteyam gave to you.He gives you a strange look before mouthing "Neteyam?"To which you roll your eyes."Just so you know I can make a way better one than that"He says while walking out of you room."Not true" is all you say before rolling over your bed mat.You can't believe your mother nearly found out just because of that dimwit Ao'nung. 

The sun blares through your window; the birds chirp loudly.Its around midday when you finally awake from your slumber.You get ready quickly and rush off to wherever Neteyam is.You finally find Neteyam with all his siblings including your siblings and Roxto. You greet everybody and stand beside Tuk and Neteyam. Tuk gives you a small hug before asking about your new necklace.She giggles about Beautiful she thinks your necklace is while Ao'nung watches you with a huge smirk on his face.On the other hand Neteyam stares at the necklace on your neck.He thought you looked absolutely amazing with it on.He was more than overjoyed about you wearing it."It's so beautiful because someone very skilled and special to me made it for me" You smile at her.Neteyam grabs your hand gently, rubbing his thumb gently over your hand.A small smile was placed on his lips.You all hang out for a while before Lo'ak states he has chores to do.This causes Tsireya to follow behind him.Eventually everyone ends up leaving to go do something, this leaves you and Neteyam alone together.Not that you minded.

Both you and Neteyam walk around the island aimlessly,You begin to tell him about your Mother nearly finding out about you two."She was this close!,we could have been found" you half-shouted, raising your hands to the hair.Neteyam sighs out of relief,"Thank Eywa we weren't or your mother would have skinned me"He laughs out.

Neteyam's eyes drift to where your hands are connected.His eyes soften at the sight."Hey,Y/n can I ask you something?"

________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N]

782 words

truthfully I can say that if Neytiri found out about y/n and Neteyam she would have no objection but she would advice y'all to be careful, she's not trying to have no grandkids just yet 😭