Chapter 9-group hangout

It's early morning when you have a small conversation with Ao'nung about yesterdays events.He explains everything to you; telling you that Lo'ak surprising forgave him.This shocked you too."iv'e come to realise that those kids aren't as bad as I originally thought"He scratches his neck slightly embarrassed.One moment he absolutely despises them and now one minute he has decided to become friends with them.Any how you are happy with Ao'nung's decision.

Both you and Ao'nung turn up to the group along side Rotxo, finding Tsireya already sitting next to Lo'ak while Neteyam, Kiri and Tuk have small chatter among themselves, letting The happy 'couple' chat away.You sit next to Neteyam after placing a hand on his shoulder while Ao'nung lays his back on a tree.You smile at Neteyam before turning to Tuk to greet her "Hey Tuk!,how you doing?".Before she answers she jumps into your lap giggling.Neteyam looks at you contented, hes happy you get along well with his family so well. You look back to Neteyam smiling softly at him."so what are we talking about guys?",You question the group.Before Neteyam can answer your question Kiri jumps in"Y/n please Rotxo that I'm better",Rotxo looks towards Kiri with a deadpan look on his face."No,Im obviously better!"he shouts back.Kiri rolls her eyes at him.You look at the two confused until Neteyam looks to you stating"they have been going on about this for ages now"He sighs.Rotxo look towards you "Y/n, isn't it I can hold my breath longer than Kiri?,right?"You look towards Kiri who just crosses her arms, rolling her eyes.You pause for a second before laughing.

Your whole group chats for a while laughing and giggling the whole way through-You really enjoyed hanging out with them all; Ao'nung looked like he was having fun too.Often you would see Tsireya and Lo'ak occasionally flirting with each other and throughout the whole duration she and him would hold hands or touch each other from time to time.You and Neteyam looked between each other giving each other a knowing glance.While you held Tuk in your arms, chatting happily with her, Neteyam placed his hand on top of yours gently.Looking towards him shocked, he looked back at you nervously.You shift your eye sight back to Tuk, hoping no one noticed you continued talking with the whole group.A visible bright smile was placed on Neteyam's face.

Tuk asks out of the blue,"where were you yesterday Lo'ak?".Everyone looks towards him for an explanation.Lo'ak explained in full detail about his mishap with a killer beast and apparently a Tulkun had saved his life."wish id been there the ocean blessed you with a gift brother"Kiri smiled to her brother.You pondered for a bit,a Tulkun?;That can't be possible."The Tulkun have not returned yet and anyway no Tulkun is ever alone" Ao'nung leaned in from the tree he was resting at.You nodded intently at Your twins words."This one was"Lo'ak leaned over,"He had an missing fin like a stump on the left side" he pointed to his own left arm both you and Tsireya saids"Payakan".You were utterly shocked.kiri had questioned who 'Payakan' was to which Rotxo responded "a young Tulkun went rogue, he outcast alone, and he has a missing fin".You tell Lo'ak "There is a reason he is outcast,He's very dangerous".Tsireya jumped in "They say he is a killer"She tightens her grip on his arms, looking into his eyes.Lo'ak tried to deny it until Ao'nung said "He killed Na'vi and other Tulkun",Neteyam eyes drifted towards his brother after hearing everyone's words."Not here but far to the south"Ao'nung adds on."no, hes no killer",Lo'ak intervene but it seems no one is listening to him."Lo'ak you are lucky to be alive",Tsireya says worryingly.'im telling you guys've saved my life' Lo'ak looks towards you and back to kiri"hes my friend". Neteytam stands up tall."My baby bro, mighty warrior"he places his hands on both his shoulders "who faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it" he said jokingly before Lo'ak shook him off his back.clearing annoyed with everyones reaction.Lo'ak stood up abruptly"you guys aren't listening to me".Tuk tried to get Lo'ak to come back"Lo'ak im listening" she plees softly however Lo'ak runs off.Neteyam signs before sitting back down beside you.You explain to Neteyam that "Payakan gathered a group of young Tulkuns and their spirit Na'vi brothers and sisters and led a charge against the whalers,By the Metkayina way, he caused their deaths".You add on "Its sad but unfortunately true".You place your hand on top of his as a way to comfort him.

Ao'nung asks"Where is he going?"He turns towards Neteyam, waiting for a response."Im not sure " Neteyam responds.Eventually everyone leaves to go attend to their chores,You and Neteyam were done for the day so you two decided to spend the rest of the day together.You both hung out near the coast's beach-Both your favourite place to hang out.You drag Neteyam asking him if he wants to collect seashells with you to which he agrees.Of course he decides to make it into a challenge"The person to find the largest shell gets a prize from the loser"He smirks to you.He leans in close again"A price of the winner's choice"he adds.You ponder for a second before running off to go find a huge seashell; you definitely won't loose this challenge, not again.You begin digging through the sand,If you lived here long enough you would know that the bigger seashells are founds near the water and deep under the sand.While digging by yourself you start to think of prize you would ask once you won, his seashell?, him to tell you that you are better him?Maybe another Ikran ride?.All the ideas were good just not good enough.Eventually You found a big enough seashell and ran up to Neteyam who had his hidden behind his back.You smile up at him."On the count of 3 let's show our shells"Neteyam nods at you."one, two,three!"Your face shifts from an overconfident smile to a unamused smile-His shell was way bigger than yours.You look up to him with a pout on your face."Well, What will be your prize neteyam?"Once you finish your sentence, Neteyam leans in close to your face once more while having a smile plastered on his face."You know exactly what I want"You gulped at him,He couldn't mean what you thought he meant right?.Before you could respond to him.The rest of th group appeared in front of you two.Tsireya smiled at you both"we are going to the cove of the ancestor, would you like to come?" You quickly jumped towards Tsireya"Y-yes of course right Neteyam?" Your face became visibly red at the thought of what could have happened.Did he feel the same way.Little did you know he did.

________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N]

1101 words

Ive actually been working on this little art piece (Not of Neteyam unfortunately, was thinking to do him once I finish this one)Anyways hope you all like it.Its my insta acc btw

Its my insta acc btw