chapter 16-Extra Lesson

You wake up all giddy with happiness and make your way towards the beach once more to begin your lesson with Neteyam.He is already sitting there on a large rock, he looks so calm watching the sea contently.You make your way towards him and sit beside him greeting him .He smiles when he sees you, placing a small kiss to your cheek before he moves so he is directly facing you now.He seems very excited to begin the lesson surprising.If you remember correctly last time he was frustrated with this new "finger-talk".You smile at him before telling him that"I think its best if I teach you more common sentences and phrases, is that okay?" you ask him softly.He immediately agrees and you both get to work.You previously have taught him sign language however his main problem was the movement of his finger, one small change can mean a big difference in signing."Agh-, there is no way that can make such a difference can it?" He asks confusingly.You laugh at him holding his hand gently in yours."You better be careful you may say sign something you don't mean"You end up laughing again due to the small pout on his face.

Every time you adjust his hand or fingers he ends up with his cheeks heating up and a small lop-sided smile appears on his face.None the less he tries his best In hope to impress you with his ' fast learning skills'.Just before you can teach him another sentence Ao'nung interrupts you both."What are you two doing?" He crosses his arms.As soon as he says this someone in the far distance calls out your name causing you to swiftly stand up straight and see what seems to be the problem.Before you leave you  tell the two boys that "ill be back soon" with that being said you run of quickly leaving the two boys alone with each other.There is a short awkward silence before Ao'nung speaks up."I hope you're not doing anything strange with my sister" He crosses his arms at Neteyam while giving him a suspicious look.

Neteyam P.O.V

My eyes widen at Ao'nung's words.I stand up swiftly before placing a hand on my chest and telling him "Of course not!".Y/n is my whole world, I'd never dream of doing anything strange with her unless it was something she wanted herself.Ao'nung sighs before he walks up closer to me; he places a hand on my shoulder.Confused at him I raise my eyebrows,What does he want now?."I no longer hold any hatred towards your family however-" His voice seems to deepen,"If you hurt her I swear to Eywa you won't make it out alive"As he finishes a small smile appears on his face.A smirk places on my face."I doubt you could win against me but like I said I'd never dream go hurting her".Im very adamant about Y/n, I could never bring harm to her.Ao'nung pauses for a second before backing away"Just making sure" is all he said before walking away with a gentle smile upon his face.

2nd P.O.V

You come back half way and here Ao'nung mutter something about how both his sisters have fallen for forest people.You know deep down he has no conflict with the forest people .He is actually much kinder to them and even hangs around them on a daily basis.

you ask Neteyam about what they were talking about and he says it was nothing important to which you don't pry on and continue the lesson.You two continue for a bit longer before you decide its best not to fry his brain any more, giggling at the thought."You have gotten much better at signing Neteyam" you smile at him before he scratches his head with a small childish smile appearing on his face."Thank you Y/n" as he says this he hold you hand in his while you both walk down the beach together.Eventually you both react a small rock wall to which Neteyam urges you to sit down with him.As you go to sit down Neteyam grabs your hand pulling you into him so that you are now resting your head on his shoulder.His hand rests on top of your head as you both watch the sun set together."Don't you think the sunset looks so beautiful?" You ask him softly to which he replies "Hmm it does look beautiful" His eyes never leaving your face.He can feel his heart beat rapidly every time he sees you with that small smile on your lips.

Neteyam has definitely had childish crushes on girls when he was back home however each of them never felt this way. Every time he tries taking his mind off you it always comes back to you.Each time you touch him he can feel your touch burn into his skin or every time you even speak, your voice is etched into his mind.There is times where you two have been together for every minute of the day and once you both have to part ways he still wishes to be in your presence, even after all the time spent together.He places a small kiss to the side of your head before using his free hand to hold yours.Gently rubbing his thumb over your skin every so often- "Soft" he thought to himself.

"Y/n tomorrow after chores do you think you could meet up with me?,I have something to show you"

________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N]

900 words 

sorry for short chapter, school is killing me :/