Chapter 40

Studying in and out from 5am to 11pm I comprehended a lot.

THIS IS ROUGH!!

Imagine working in the worst company where everyone is treated like working slaves or ants and even then, this feeling of overworking is nothing at all compared to what I'm living through, THIS IS HELLLLL!!!

Father was not as lenient as I expected him to be.. I thought he'd give me more time to recover and wouldn't enroll me to the academy this term.
But we all know the reason why he's so cruel to a beautiful child like me TwT

The story must go on

F U father (and f the author too.. he shouldn't have made him so strict).

Anyways.
I somehow managed to survive this abstruse torture called "studying".
Furthermore I finished a week early!!
Don't underestimate a student who once studied enough to enter university and passed but couldn't enroll since she was broke af.
But srsly, I even did better than back then... Maybe I'm a genius?

After this horrendous Pasttime, father called me again to his study after breakfast to congratulate me for my achievement but also to warn me about my lacking magic and swordsmanship. So since I practically didn't do anything at all for these subjects, I got the last week to catch up...

"ARE YOU INSANE?? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT A 14 YEARS OLD BOY TO DO WITHIN A WEEK?! ITS A MIRACLE ITSELF THAT I MANAGED TO CATCH UP WITH THE STUDIES!", I slipped up.

Shit.

Father gives me the deadliest death stare.

How could I dare to speak up?!

My face turns blue as a cold shudder runs through me. Never did I feel as frightened as right now. All kind of stupid worst-possible-scenarios run through my head within a second. I feel amazingly stupid but at the same time I'm thinking really hard which excuse I should come up, though everything felt useless.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't control my temper."

Father raised his eyebrows.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to go, since I'll double my training. Thank you for your patronage." , I add quickly, ready to flee.
"Don't disappoint me.", He answers in an ultimate tone.

"Yes Sir!"
I solitude like a soldier out of instinct and rush off, before he'd comment on my weird pose.

Shiiiiiiittttt

I couldn't mess up more than I already did!! Seriously, WHY did my thoughts slip up at the worst possible moment? I wanna cry, but there's no time for that! I need to train now as hard as possible!!! AAAGGHHHH!!!

OK OK CALM DOWN!

I need to focus and turn these useless embarrassment into fuel for my trainingggg. Rage might be a good emotion when doing physical labor TwT
Just don't look back and work as hard as you can Eren. It's just a week. A week of hell's hell but that's alright. After that I'm out of this place, so hang in there!

GANBARE!!!!

and there began my week of horrendous neverending training:
5am - 7am: warm up training, to strengthen stamina.
7am - 12pm: sword slashing training
12pm - 3pm: fighting movement training
3pm - 6pm: sword sparring
6pm - 7pm: dinner and magic theory repetition
8pm - 11pm: magic practice
11pm - 2am: sleep meditation
1am - 4am: beatbox training
4am - 5am: breakfast, getting ready for the day

Three hours of sleep was all that was granted to me and even at that time you could only call it half sleep since I should use that time to meditate and receive a head bonk from Yuri everytime I lost focus.

You can imagine I didn't get a wink of sleep the first two days but on the third day I finally managed to sleep a bit without losing focus meditating.
To be honest, the Beatbox training was not on my agenda, but I had to add it, because there is no way I could improve my magic without music.

This is something I knew about Eren beforehand: for him to enhance his magic skill, he was in need of music each day. That's also why he was obsessed with playing instruments.

If you're wondering how I was able to train in secret without waking everyone up, it's because I set Yuri up to organise a soundproof room for me (for a sum of money) after I woke up from my coma.
Each day I'm at my limit but I feel stronger than before. My stamina improves each day and somehow I carry on.

You can imagine how I managed to barely survive a whole week with this kind of program. It was insane at first but after the week I was about to get used to it, though I'd always prefer to stop this shit.

Mona would always watch me sparring in the afternoon while enjoying her afternoon teatime. How I'd wish to join her. Instead I sparred with Yuri, who'd also train a little with me. He was levels above me, because he didn't stop training while I was in coma.
The gap between us got smaller each day and I could feel my improvement, though I would never catch up. I think Yuri is a genius himself and could easily become a knight if he wanted to, but he lacks ambition.

My magic also improved a lot and I mean A LOT!
My former tutor Bismuth Bastard sent me some exercises for self study since he couldn't tutor me himself. Right now, he's preparing his entry as an academy teacher.

Honestly, I'm grateful that I don't need to meet him. He might be talented and such, but his personality is utter shit.
His exercises include basic wind magic, just like at the demonstration he did years before.

I trained magic at a wide training field with a dummy. At first I couldn't hurt the dummy at all but with my magic, but with the Beatbox training and the meditation I managed to annihilate the dummy at the end of the week.

And don't forget: wind magic is supposed to be support magic.

The week of physical training went by in a flash and also within an eternity. Looking back, I was a flimsy loser and now I'm a somewhat decent person. I'm satisfied with myself... And my handsome body hehe.