Chapter 32

Author's notice:

Hey there,
Sorry for the late update... The last month was unfortunately really stressful, so I didn't have the time to write anything TwT

Anyways, thank you for reading and enjoy  ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another day, another chance to start a great day.

Yesterday evening was rather embarrassing but at least I came to the conclusion that I'm no good at playing instruments. The only instrument missing were the modern ones like drums or a bass, or anything to play electronic music.

So the question for the day should be, how to train beatboxing. There's no YouTube tutorial or web to search these things up, so I'll need to come up with an own method myself.

I recreate all the weird noises I could do and start experimenting by mixing them all up and then I should end up creating some kind of sound? I wouldn't call it melody yet. It's still weird.
I keep practicing without a clear melody, just to get the rythm straight at least.
Still, it's fun. Imaging a melody and beatboxing to the melody in my head. I think this might work out.

*Knock knock*

I stop immediately as somebody knocked at the door.

Luckily it was just Yuri.
"Young lord, it's time for breakfast."

Why is he so formal? Ah.. outside of the room are some maids whispering. I wonder why..

"Breakfast already? What time is it?"

"10 o'clock, sir. I suppose you've overslept?"

Shit, I forgot to meditate!

"Alrighty, I'll be there in a flash!"

Yuri sees himself outside of my room, sending the maids away.

At today's breakfast, I was still on time, as father was running late.
Having breakfast together is kind of a family ritual to us.

"Nii-san! You're here!", Mona is happy to see me.

"Good morning Mona-chan. Also good morning mother.", I smile at them.

"Good morning Eren."

Mother sits gracefully waiting for everyone to take a seat as well. She's really kind and showers us with love. Mona-chan is just like her, but a child

"Nii-san, yesterday I've heard some reaaally weird noises and it was sooo loud! I'm still thinking about it. Have you heard them too?"

"I did, haha"

"No wonder you heard them. The whole house must have heard them, too! So I've been thinking real hard, what could have caused theses noises? What happened?"

"Good question, Mona-chan."

I act as I've I'd be thinking about it as well, but I can sense mother's gaze on me, as if she already found out. Does she know?

Father enters the room. Finally!
"Good morning."

Breakfast was finally served and I thought the discussion would be over until...

"Father, have you heard these weird noises yesterday?", Mona asks adorably.

"I did Mona-chan and you're doing no good asking too much about it."

Mona still smiles, but looks a little disappointed.

He really did shut her up...

But he's also right. There's no good for anyone to ask for more information, hehe.

When the breakfast was over father called me to his office. I guess, I already know why.

"Now then, I've been wondering as well. How where you able to torment us by playing some instruments. What did you do?"

"I..."

Think. Think. Think !THINK!THINK!!!

"I wanted to give up my old dream .. to become a bard... By playing so miserably to convince myself... That I'm not cut for it."

This doesn't sound half bad, right? I mean.. I'm still a kid, so why not?

"You wouldn't need to do this, but at least you've got your straight now. It's a good think you gave up, it wouldn't do you any good anyways."

I nod.

We also talked shortly about other stuff and how cute our little Mona-chan is, but that concluded our after-breakfast-talk and I went back to my studies, where Bismuth is already waiting for me.

"You've kept me waiting."

"I'm sorry, father called me after breakfast, so I couldn't come earlier."

"Your servant could have informed me."

"You're right about that, sorry."

"Anyways, today's lesson should be mathematics and economics. But first, let's check you progress with your magic."

We did, what we always do to keep track of it.

"There's a progress.. I see. It's more than the other days. Have you found your hobby that is linked to your magic?"

Now that I think of it: the old Eren never meditated but was great with his magic, BECAUSE of his hobby and talent at playing instruments.

Does this mean, beatbox counts to me as the new hobby?

"Mmh, I'm not sure yet, but I might have found something at least."

"That's great news, if so, tell me about it, I'm kind of curious what it might be."

"You'll never guess"

I smile and shrug my shoulders.

As if I'd ever tell you. Ha!