Chapter 10

"I greet the sun of empire, great king Xeno."

(Good thing I remembered the etiquette of the novel)

"You can skip the formalities. I'm glad to finally meet you, young lad. Your father has told me about you."

I glance to my father, just to see his naughty smile with his slit-eyed face.

This couldn't be anything good, right? His face gives me goosebumps.

Then, I look to the king slightly confused, but remain silent.

"I've heard you're a very bright child. You are still young but I can see your potential to become the next counselor, just like your father."

"King Xeno is right, Eren. From now on you will have to study hard. You are already 11 years old. It is time, to take your life serious. You will always stand next to the crown prince, to his aid."

Ugh, responsibilities. I knew it. How burdensome.

My father is certainly proud since it's known that the head of the family works in each generation as the king's counselor.

I know that, because there was even a story arc about Eren and his circumstances, since he originally didn't want to become a counselor.

I mean, who could blame him, I don't want it either. Well, I'll surely figure something out later, if this job sucks.

The only problem is, that I'm not that bright boy I used to be. I'm a twenty-something years old useless girl who's stuck in a little boys body.

Lol, this may sounds weird but I'm lucky that it's not the other way round. That statement would change the whole genre this story o.O

"Now then, you two fine boys can talk to each other outside of this room. Laurent and I still have some matters to talk about. Both of you are dismissed."

Maxim and I left the office, standing alone together in the hallway, I have no idea what to do, nor to say. I want to escape to my bedroom, although I don't even know where my room is.