Chapter 33

Everything went so quickly with the ceiling caving and everyone screaming. Goblins rushed in and tried to get us out which only succeeded in separating us. I ended up being pulled along with Empress Pernille, a few councilors, and a goblin. We started running trying to get out. I many times got left behind or was too slow because of still healing wounds (fuck you Gethen), so eventually, the goblin picked me up and carried me. Asshole. Y'know losing me isn't the end of the world right? Fuck I sound suicidal—!

We kept running, downstairs, through halls, avoiding pieces of the ceiling. I eventually was put down. good. Suddenly a large piece of the ceiling was hurdling toward us, it was too big to dodge. As the group screamed I threw my hands up to make a force field but something else was made. Suddenly red lightning shot out of my hands and against the boulder-like object. It was pushed back and with a few crackly sounds, it started cracking. Then it broke apart, some turning into dust.

"What. The. Actual. Fuck." I said as a piece of hair fell in my face.

"I knew it." A voice said from behind them, it was that same mysterious councilor from the other day. But before I could question her the floor rumbled again. This time I was separated from the group. As I fell to the ground coughing up the dust in her throat the building shook again and I fell out an open wall. The wind caught in her throat as I fell, she was at least a few dozen floors above the ground and there was a huge chunk of wall falling behind me.

So basically I escaped the Neverseen only to die because of them. Those assholes. I screamed as she hit the ground, the bolder then falling on my legs. I screamed again out of pain. It had been so long since I felt pain like this. I was so used to not feeling it or only feeling the pain of the torture Gethen caused that I forgot how much it hurt. I tried to army crawl my way out only to find myself stuck.

As time passed I finally got out, not even looking at my legs, afraid of what I would find. I finally stopped when I got to a rocky beach. My head fell to the ground and I knew she shouldn't but I gave in to the dizziness. It might as well be the end.

I was drifting in and out of focus but there was one moment that I do remember.

~

"Well, what do we have here?" A familiar voice said above me. "Now how'd you get here?" I felt the person pick my limp arm up and wave it a bit.

"She could be dead. I mean look at how much blood she lost." I could hear the smile in the other person's voice. I tried to keep my face straight so they didn't know I was listening.

"Let's leave her. She's of no use anyway and she's as good as dead in her state." A voice said and the words caused an ache in my chest. Ruy. The person dropped my arm.

"You sure your not saying that cause of your little crush on her?"

"My job comes before any silly attraction, Gethen." There was a satisfying huff.

"Good answer. Let's go."

~

I kept drifting and drifting and finally passed out completely. When I woke up it was due to a loud scream. My head was fuzzy and my vision wacky. I chalked it up to blood loss as I forced my head up and tried to focus. Suddenly there were two people around me. One was Elwin the other Biana. What was she doing here?

"Hey..." I muttered hoarsely. Elwin pushed me over onto my front and let me say, it helped. I didn't know how much I was struggling to breathe. Elwin pressed a glass to my lips and as I swallowed a sticky sweet taste coated my tongue. It was a sedative. "Wha—what..." I mumbled as I swallowed. I felt pressure on my leg as Elwin mumbled.

"Just sleep, it'll help while I try to help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1212 words 

Hey guys! I know its short but I've been busy lately. Sorry. I recently posted on my account board asking what you guys wanted me to update. I got replies saying the Twin Sister, which is normal but you guys seem to have thought I was stopping this book or discontinuing it so I wanted to say that I am not. There will be long periods of time where I put this book off but that is because I am working on my many many other books. I have a lot of them and hope you guys check those ones out as well but now I just wanted to say that I am very happy and proud of this book and don't plan on discontinuing it. I'm simply taking a break so that I can work on my others. 

Another note a few of the books won't be updated any time soon because they take place in Stellarlune and I just haven't read that one yet. So I'm sorry. I old loyal readers know that I used to update everyday. Surprise newbies. Now I just post on the weekends if I can because of many reasons. 

Also I want to give a very big thank you to all my readers and followers! I love you guys, I love reading your comments, I quite literally have to hide my laugh when I'm with my family and suddenly remember a certain one. I recently hit 21K reads too! Which I'm super happy about! I love you guys. 

Now I want to give a shoutout to a few certain people in particular. Your support and comments just make my day a whole lot better. 

@W654321D ~ I haven't seen you around here for a while but while you were I loved your comments. 

@Onyx_Artemis_Moon ~ I can easily say you are one of most engaging and supportive readers. Your always one of the first to read a new part, either on this book or a different one. I love your comments and I love you. 

@Raven06_ ~ I love your comments and support, though I haven't seen you on here for a while.

@Ccpate ~ Love you! I love your comments and support and everything. Again I haven't seen you but I hope your doing well. 

@MugZieAndMadn3ss ~ I love all the support you in general give me. it makes my day how much you love this book. I also love the reassurance that you give me when I apologize for not posting. I love you. I also saw your art on your profile (no stalking— or am I?) and I absolutely LOVE IT!! Not suggesting anything and you absolutely DO NOT have to, understand that, but if you ever draw one of my oc's can you perhaps DM/send me a pic of it. I would love to see it. 

And to everyone else, please don't be upset you weren't mentioned I appreciate and love all of you. Please have a good day.

Bye loves!! 

~Sahiko