Chapter 10

We were sitting in the cafeteria when Sophie got up and walked out. I had just zoned back in on to what was happening when she left so I didn't know why so I asked Keefe. "She's just getting my amazing gift from her locker." He said and instead of saying something like 'how did you get in her locker' I just jumped out of my seat when I realized something.

"I forgot my cap!" Then Dex shoved something in my face.

"Yeah you did so I grabbed it before we left." He said as he continued to do whatever it was he was doing.

"Aw Dexipoo thanks!" Keefe cracked up.

"D-dexipoo!?" He practically yelled to the world. Dex scowled, he had never really liked the nickname. I grinned. Keefe laughed as I opened the first gift. It was a velvet red cloth made out of a soft silk. It had silver thread loopy designs on it and a little adjustable bow on the back. You pull it to loosen it then just push it to tighten, the beautiful fabric was long enough to reach a few inches below my shoulders if used as a headband and to a few inches above my midback if used as a choker. It also had a little placement area in the middle. I looked at the note that was attached to the box.

Hey, I noticed how you liked to use clothes for your registry pendant instead of the wires so I got you this. Hope you like it and if you want it can also be used as a headband. Don't want your hair getting caught while doing a prank now do ya! Anyway hope you like it.

~Jay

I just stared at the cloth rereading the note over and over. It was honestly beautiful and he was right, my hair always did get in the way when I was pranking. I smiled as I took off the blue cloth I was wearing today and put the crystal on the little placement area on the red one. I wrapped it around my neck twice so it wasn't too long but also made sure I wasn't choking myself. I tightened the bow at the end and tuned to the gang.

"What do you think?" I said and I regretted it immediately when Bianna gained that glint in her eye. Scary.

"Beautiful! The red compliments your brown eye like the silver compliments your blue one.-" She then went on a rant about what dresses would go with it and I turned to Keefe with the stare. We apparently were both obsessed with one of our features, for him it was hair and for me, its face and eyes. I take good care of my face, creams, oils, face masks everything. I also spent years training my eyes to look how I wanted them to, sad? Easy. Cold and cruel? Easy. Seductive? Easy. It's how I'm so good at hiding my emotions. . . . . don't read too much into that.

Anyway, Keefe handed me the mirror we always kept with one of us and Bianna was right, the red brought out the flecks of gold while the silver brought out the twinges of blue since alone my blue eye just looked gray and stormy. I smiled and moved to the next gift but Dex shoved something in my hands.

"Wha- wait is this my I pod! OMG!!" I grinned as I opened it and checked on my apps.

"Yup, I made it solar powered so you don't have to worry about the battery and it has a speaker so you don't have to plug those things in your ears." He said as I clicked on all my apps to see if they all still worked. YouTube. Check. Google. Check. Tiktok. Check. Everything else since I'm too lazy to say. Check. And most important, music. CHECK!!

I grinned and clicked on my music, playing my favorite song, oh how I missed you sweet sweet music. I put it on full blast so I could hear it over the whole room but apparently my silent question of what Dex meant that he put I speaker in when it already had one was answered. He enhanced it. The music blasted over the whole room and everyone went quiet to listen to it and turned our way.