Chapter 11

Keefe teased Sophie endlessly about Valin at dinner as I just snicker munching on the feast. I also spoke with Bianna most of the time sometimes jabbing comments at Fitz and Alden that they knew were insults but the way I phrased it and had a smile to everyone else it was a compliment or whatever. About halfway through dinner a man that looked like an older brother of Bianna and Fitz rushed in sitting down next to me. He made some apology while I muttered to myself. "Who gave this Galvin-haired idiot the right to sit next to me? Me?" The guy side glanced at me and I could tell by the tremble of his lip he was suppressing a laugh. He then fully turned to me and Sophie who sat next to me.

"You must be the famous Sophie and (Y/N) Foster, although I think I recall Bianna calling you (N/N) in a letter once," he said, smiling at us. "I'm Alvar."

I glared at him, for some reason I just didn't like this guy. "I didn't realize there was another brother."

Sophie said as I said. "That's (Y/N) to you dickwad."

"(Y/N)!" Sophie yelled hitting me over the head.

"I see my family talks about me a lot," Alvar said ignoring my remark.

"No—I'm sorry. I—" Sophie said remembering what she had said.

"It's fine. That's what I get for moving out. Out of sight, out of mind." He winked at Della. "I guess I need to stop by for dinner more often."

"We know you're busy," Della told him, rumpling his hair as she brought him a glass of fizzleberry wine. But I interrupted grabbing the glass and sipping on it.

"Nuh-uh, work does not come over family. Actually, I understand why you would stay away from Bitch Face and Asswhole, but not Bianna and Della. Their angels." I said as Alden shot his head toward Della.

"See what I told you! She hates us, and I don't even know why!" Della just shook her head.

"No, she does not. She's just . . . not used to your personalities is all. She's just a sweet little bun." Alden groaned as I smirked at him taking another sip of the elven version of alcohol that still no one noticed I took and Alvar still didn't report or snatch back because . . . well I don't know why.

"Yeah Alden, just a sweet little bun." Keefe snickered as Della asked how things have been with Alvar or whatever. He answered her but Keefe interrupted. 

"Yeah, busy juggling two girlfriends," Keefe interrupted.

Alvar grinned as I almost choked and looked at Alvar. "Three."

"Three?" Della's voice was as horrified as her expression. "Alvar, that's awful."

"Are you kidding? It's awesome!" Keefe corrected. "You're my hero, right (Y/N)?"

I ruined Alvar's beam by saying, "Speak for yourself." Della finished glaring at the two boys as she finally noticed what I was drinking and snatched it away with a gasp then turned to Alvar, thinking he had given it to me.

"Why would you give this to a child!" She yelled and he was frozen turning to me with pleading eyes. I came clean. What? Just cause I didn't like the guy didn't mean I wasn't going to repay the debt. What debt you ask, the not telling on me earlier and letting me have a bit of the sweet sweet alcohol I had missed oh so much debt obviously.

"Actually I snatched it from him after you gave it to him. He didn't give it to me." I said and she apologized to him and then turned to me.

"You know this alcohol right? It's for adults. You can't have this (Y/N)." She said in a motherly voice as I shrugged and leaned back.