Chapter 9

The next day Grady and Edaline had taken us shopping for presents for our friends. I just picked something I thought Marella and Dex would like and got Keefe some prank supplies. For Fitz, I got a glitter bomb that I later would set up to explode when he opened the box and also not only cover him in glitter that would stick because I'm adding glue to the mix but also let out a stink. Grady and Edaline tried to convince me to get him something else but I was stubborn obviously. I did take a while looking for a gift for Bianna and Jay though, I know what you would say just get her some makeup and him some random thing or something and be done with it, but no. I want to get them something good.

We walked into a jewelry store and I noticed the two adults next to us tense up a bit. It didn't take my empathy to know why with the looks the shopkeepers were giving them. I took my glove off and softly took Edaline's hand in my own, this was one of the situations where direct contact comfort was needed. Edaline flinched, thinking I did something wrong I was about to pull away when she tightened her grip on my hand. Sophie proceeded to pull off my other glove and hold my other bare hand while Grady took hers and we spent the rest of the shopping spree like that. 

When we got back Grady stopped us on our way up the stairs to our room. "I'm glad you girls came to live with us. It's . . ." His mouth formed a word, then changed to a different one. "It's nice."

"I'm glad I live here too," Sophie whispered and I just stared, this was getting a little deep.

"Yeah, it's really great," I said in a low voice but they still heard me.

Grady cleared his throat. "Big day tomorrow. Better get some sleep."

"Good night, Grady," Sophie said and we went upstairs.

~The Next Day~

'Well this is different.' was my first thought when we glittered into the view of foxfire the next morning. I wasn't really surprised though, elves were extravagant and I was expecting something like this for something as simple as back-to-school night, err I guess day for them. Whatever.

Grady and Edaline immediately went straight to our first conferences, one for each since there were two of us. Me and Soph went to put our gifts in our friend's lockers and when we got to Fitz and Keefe we got a bunch of glares from the girls. I just grinned and seeing a few hot girls in the mix - I hoped for dear life they were into girls so this wasn't embarrassing- I let my oversized jean jacket slide off one of my shoulders revealing that I only had a tang top on, I usually had a t-shirt on over the tang top for either fashion or weather reasons but today it was just the tang top because I woke up late, so it showed a bit of my cleavage. Enough to make people who like girls blush but not enough to be sexual, obviously we are minors. I swayed my hips a bit as I placed the last gift down and then glanced back I saw a few girls blushing a bit. YES!! There are bi or pan girls here!!!

As me and Sophie walked away and out of sight of the girls she gave me a deadpan look while I fixed my jacket. I just gave her innocent eyes.

"Was that necessary?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Testing if there were any lesbians, sis," I said and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"The way you were flaunting yourself I'm sure there are now." She said and I gasped dramatically.

"I was not-" I was cut off as we hit something in front of us, I guess we weren't watching where we were going. I looked up and saw it was Sophie's telepathy teacher, Sir Tiergan.

"Sorry."

"Yo, old man," I said as Sophie apologized but she quickly took a 180 on me realizing how I had addressed her mentor.