Chapter 27

No Ones POV

Tam was walking down the hall of a Neverseen base they were currently raiding, he was tasked with transporting elves to the bases they discovered through the shadow traveler thing. He was supposed to stay put at the entrance but he couldn't help exploring for a few minutes. The base was plain, nothing to look at or do and the occasional door only lead to an empty room.

Tam came across another door but when he reached to open it, it was locked. He was immediately on guard since this was the only locked door he had found. Cautiously he gathered some shadows and broke the lock.

The door slowly opened with a stench Tam has smelled so few times that he could count on one hand. The stench of blood. Then he registered the color red as his heart sped up and he realized this must be a prisoner's cell.

He quickly ran into the room worried someone might be dead or on the verge of death. He expected to find some kind of adult, wounded or something but was very expected at what he found. He found what looked to be a girl, but he couldn't tell since they were soaked in blood. They looked fairly short. Her clothes were all red from the blood except a few spots of white, which were slowly disappearing from the spreading blood. Her hair looked to be (H/C) with blonde tints and also red splotches. Her legs and arms were covered in all scabs, scars, and fresh cuts. To say the least she was unconscious and Tam was disgusted. He knew the Neverseen were brutal but this? This was just something else.

He slowly walked over to the small body and touched her neck looking for a pulse. And let's just say he freaked when he found one, a weak one. His first instinct was to call for one of the elves which was what he did. While he waited for one to come he ripped up his cloak and tied the pieces around the fresh bleeding wounds tightly to try and slow the bleeding. Soon someone came and was immediately frozen at eh sight.

"Well, are you going to help save this girl's life or stand there like an idiot?" Tam snapped and the person hurried over. The man picked up the girl and the two leaped back to Foxfire in a hurry. They rushed her into the Healing Center startling Elwin. Elwin seeing the damage done to the girl didn't hesitate or ask questions, going straight to doctor mode. Bullhorn's screams didn't help either.

After a long four hours and a call for Livvy later they finally finished and saved the girl. Bullhorn was still lying beside the girl although they knew she would be fine. Elwin studied the girl closely taking in all her features to figure out if he knew her or who she might be but the more he took in the more his heart froze and ached.

"I-it can't be. . . . " He mumbled. Livvy turned to him from cleaning off her hands.

"What is it, Elwin?"

"Livvy . . . . . call Sophie." He said turning to her wide-eyed. Livvy didn't question him, she took out her imparter and hailed Sophie. But Grady was the one to pick it up.

"Hey Livvy, sorry Sophie's in the shower."

"It's fine, but err actually just have Sophie-"

"No all three of them!" Elwin shouted from his place seated next to the bed.

"Ok," Livvy said slowly, "Bring all three of you over to the healing center when Sophie is done in the shower."

"Why is something happening?"

"Just come we'll explain when you get here." And with that Livvy hung up and walked over to Elwin.

"Do you know this girl?" She asked as she studied him. He was acting weird.