Ch 64: Face To Face Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Ryker..."

"Life wasn't fair to me, that doesn't mean I should make the afterlife unfair to you." The music stopped and I could hear my own heart beating out of my chest.

"I don't understand..." He chuckled and grabbed my hand again, leading me to the main entrance.

He stood at the bottom of the stairs with a kind smile, his eyes softer and much more like they used to be. He was Ryker, not Greenwood, but Ryker. He was himself again, the kind and selfless boy I remember.

"It's not your time and I've got to let you go." He motioned to the door, stuffing his hands into his pockets. Looking at it I could see a faint light coming from behind it.

"I don't want to leave you again... I don't think I can forgive myself if I do." My tears fell, the urge to leave but the guilt of not staying fighting inside of me.

"It's not goodbye Az, it's a see you later." A hand on my shoulder spun me around to find him with tears in his eyes as well. Pulling me into a hug we let ourselves cry for a moment.

Pulling back we both let out laughs. His hand reached up and wiped the tears from my eyes, a look of content on his face.

"The sun doesn't cry." I nodded and hugged him one last time before grabbing the handle to leave.

Giving a final look I found the boy I had always known smiling and waiting for me like he used to. The same boyish smile and mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Letting out a breath I opened the door and stepped into the blinding white light.

See you later Ryker...

___________________
Jeremy pov:

"Az's building is collapsing!" I could hear Amilia yell into the coms, her voice shaken yet firm. It was quiet for a second before Damiens voice came in.

"I'm on my way." Worry filled my chest but I trusted him to make it out safely. Axe had me stop the car for him and Amilia to get out and go look for Azrael.

"Stay safe." He looked serious, I just smiled and nodded my head.

"No promises." Taking off after speaking I tear down the street quickly. Cops and Greenwood's men chased me as I drove.

My smile grew wider the longer they stayed on my tail, no openings for me to escape or to make clear of. They had no idea what laid in the trunk of my car. Driving past a battlefield looking street I swerved between cars and people, doing my best to not hit any.

"Jeremy!" Damien's voice rang out clearly in my com. I contemplated with not answering, I didn't want my sacrifice to hurt him anymore than it already would.

"Yeah?" I'm dumb though. Of course I'll always answer him, I love the big idiot, more than I'll ever admit to him.

"You drove past my area, where are you going!? Are you gonna do something dumb?" He sounded worried, even with the gunfight in the background.

"I'm always doing something dumb Damien." I laughed it off but felt my heart break knowing what I had to do.

"You're dumb but not an idiot, so you make sure you come back to me." I could hear the gunfight lessen in his background. My eyes watered as I drove, moving quickly through the streets.