Ch 64: Face To Face Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Ryker I need-"

"I don't know." He cut me off, his eyes finding mine with the same amount of uncertainty.

"I don't know where we're at, I don't know what happened after the fall, I don't even know if I'm real or not." Sitting up he looked at me, worry etched into his face. I felt my heart sink, this couldn't be it, this couldn't be true.

"We're dead." My voice shook. My mind filled with memories of my family and friends, thinking of how this would affect them.

When I fully caught up to myself I thought of Amilia, so many memories shared with her and so much more I wanted to share. I wouldn't see her again, I wouldn't be there for her, I wouldn't keep my promise of Paris.

"Possibly. This could be Heaven or Hell, maybe even limbo. Somewhere for us to dwell and suffer." He spoke again, his voice low and a little shaky. Reaching my hand out I held his, needing some comfort for myself.

"I'm nor sure where we are or if this is real, for all I know I could be your subconscious trying to make light of my death. In the end, it doesn't matter does it?" He squeezed my hand, looking at me with forest green eyes.

"I'm sorry. I know I keep saying it but I truly am. I should have stayed, I shouldn't have been such a coward, I should-" I was pulled into a warm body, my face buried into his chest.

"It was never your fault. We were kids. I was angry and couldn't see past it. Deep down I knew it was foolish to become what I became but... I was just so angry." Pulling me back he gazed at me, the soft boyish smile I remember from childhood.

"I could've helped... maybe it wouldn't have ended how it did." He shook his head and stood up, offering his hand to me.

"No one could have saved me Az, I'm just lucky enough to have died looking at the sun." Holding my hand he led me inside once again. I followed, letting him lead me as he pleased.

We found ourselves in a room that brought memories. An old stereo laid on the floor, Ryker went up and pressed a couple buttons, filling the room with music. He looked at me and held out a hand, waiting for me to take it.

"Will you dance with me... for old times sake?" Seeing him as he was I knew I couldn't deny him. Taking his hand he easily led us through the first dance.

I couldn't help the smile and laughter from escaping me, he seemed to feel the same way. Both of us happily danced till the next song came on, one much slower than before. Our dance turned to a slow waltz, both of us swaying to the slow rhythm.

"Paris huh?" He spoke up, looking me in the eyes with a cheeky smile. Laughing at him, I nodded my head.

"She always wanted to go. I just want to make her happy." I felt tears slip from my eyes, knowing I'd never get to be with her again.

"You have... and you will." My eyes snapped to his as he spun us around in the waltz, a sad look in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I waited for him to answer, scared of what he might say. Holding one hand tight he let out a tired sigh but showed only kindness in his eyes.

"You're not supposed to be here yet, Azy. You've got so much more ahead of you. A family, a bride, even kids." Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear he gave me a soft smile.

"I wanna be selfish, I really do but I can't take you from them. You've freed me from my hell and I see it only fair that I do the same." Spinning me out he held me at an arm's length before dropping our hands.