Chapter Thirty One

Começar do início

No, it sounds horrible.

I pull into our short driveway, and shut off the car, then see Violet's car just as I suspected. I shut my dads truck off, and make my way into the house before getting any of my things out. Violet and Lottie are sitting at the table with Luna and my parents, eating sandwiches.

"Hey." I give them all a small wave, and then see a plate with an untouched sandwich on it. "That's for you, Izz." My dad exclaims. I thank him quietly, and take my plate to the table they're all sitting at.

It doesn't take much for me to tell that I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich right now. Although, I'm not opposed to it. I love PB&J's. As I'm eating it, my mom starts asking questions. "What do you have planned for today?" She asks, taking a sip of her water.

I glance up at Luna quickly, before shifting my gaze onto my mom. "I was going to rebuild the tree house we used to play in all the time. Maybe Luna and Leo can get use out of it like I did as a kid." I can practically see Luna's ears perk up at this. Her eyebrows raise slightly, but she doesn't look up at me.

"Oh, well that's sweet of you." I shrug, and take another big bite of my sandwich. "The guys are coming over to help with the heavy lifting." Violet adds. Then she smiles, and looks over at Lottie. "Hopefully, we won't have a problem with Lottie passing out over Henry's bare chest again." My mother shakes her head downward like she saw this coming.

Luna snickers from her seat.

"It was only two times!" Lottie growls, turning a light shade of pink. I laughed. "The fact that it even happened once is crazy." I state, causing her glare to roll over to me. "You're no better, maybe you haven't passed out, but I saw you gawking at Milo at the beach."

Luna, and my mom's eyes move over to me. I cower away, and pray to god that my sunburned cheeks hide my blushing. "I—" I cleared my throat. "I don't know what you're talking about." Violet laughs, and shakes her head.

"You both are so love struck." There's no way my tomato face is hidden anymore. Love. I don't love Milo. I'm not love struck. "What about you and your—" Her hand covers my mouth so fast that My words become muffled behind her hand before I just stop talking all together.

Lottie smirks, and finishes her sandwich. "Yeah, your night—" Violet's other hand slaps over Lotties mouth. "Don't listen to them, Mama E, they're both delusional." She rolls her eyes, but it would take a blind man to miss her rosy cheeks right now.

Maybe we're all doomed.

___

This may be a little exaggerated, but I may pass out, and it's not from the heat. My eyes are wandering against my will. How is it fair to us girls that all these men get to take their shirts off when it gets hot, and not only do we have to keep our clothes on, but we have to watch them glisten with sweat.

Ok, I'm only watching one out of three of these men. I think Lottie agrees heavily with me right now, except for her, it's ok to stare at Henry. In fact, he's been encouraging her to 'take it all in,' as he says.

Although, I am wearing a bathing suit top with jean shorts as are Violet and Lottie, which is helping with the sun. "Wait, wait, wait. I'm about to drop it." I look back at Violet who is at the other end of the board we're carrying from the truck to the backyard.