-(66) the boy who had no choice

DRACO arrives at Voldemort's Lair and is forced to watch a family of four getting tortured by him, bound to the pillars. The man, his eyes filled with anger and his mouth bleeding from the cut across it, hisses at Voldemort as he grabs his daughter. Her mother cries out in protest and her brother stays unconscious on the floor, knocked out by the Cruciatus Curse that was cast upon him.

"Leave her alone!", her father screams, with all his might and his rage and his helplessness pouring out into his voice.

Voldemort chuckles at it and grabs the girl tighter by her neck, throwing her onto the floor, away from her family. She whimpers and shakes, her whole face having gone pale with pure fear. He turns to Draco, evil that could outmatch Satan himself glinting in those snake eyes. "Draco", he calls, his face lighting up ten times more, as if he has found more amusement than the torture session he is conducting right now. "These fools have dared to open their home to rebels- a group of people who desire to kill me." He laughs, his voice echoing through the whole place as he steps down on the girl who tries to crawl her way back to her parents. "Not only did these people make a grave mistake by giving them food and shelter, but they now refuse to even speak of their names and is willing to sacrifice their own lives to save them."

"Let her go, you motherfucker", the girl's father continues to shout at him. But it only makes him step on the girl even harder, causing her to scream out in pure pain. She doesn't look older than ten. A mere kid. He is doing this to a mere kid who's whole life is before her.

He laughs again, ignoring the cries and the shouts, his eyes solely fixed on Draco. "What is the deemed punishment to the people who try to oppose me, Draco?"

The little girl manages to tilt her head and look at Draco. When he takes in her eyes, there is a glimmer of hope in them- like she thinks that maybe he'll save her and her family- that maybe he'll end their strife and help them get out of here. Dreadful chills travel down his spine at that as he steers his eyes upto Voldemort and forces the word out of his mouth. "Death."

The hope in her eyes dissipates into thin air.

"Death, it is ", Voldemort says, smiling with a malice no human being could ever possibly hold. But then again, he is not really human, not with all the awful things he has done. He is an entity who wants to strip this world of any remaining happiness in it, making the sky go cold and grey forever so that no light could ever shine upon someone's life. He wants to ruin everything he lays his eyes upon. He wants to destroy everything good. And with those two words, he also tries to destroy the last remaining piece of Draco's mind that is kept sane. "Kill her."

Draco's blood runs cold. "Wha- What?", he stutters, blinking and not being able to, or rather not wanting to comprehend the order directed at him.

Voldemort lifts his leg and kicks the girl again, breaking her knees, leaving her in horrible agony. He walks up to Draco and halts in front of him, with mere inches between them. "Kill", he says, his words laced with poison, the most potent kind.

"My Lord, Nagini-"

"Nagini!", he shouts, lifting his wand and pointing it at Draco's neck, "will have her full. She has three whole bodies to go around. She would'nt care about this tiny little thing."

"But, my Lord-", Draco tries to speak but Voldemort cuts him off again with a shush, digging the wand deeper into his skin.

"Just think about it, Draco. You're really just saving her a lot of pain. If Nagini strikes her, she will die a painful and slow death. If she is thrown into the dungeons, she will be torn apart by the men of vultures there. Toyed with. Starved. Raped. Her sufferings will know no bounds." Voldemort pulls back and walks behind him, leaning into his ears and hissing in them words he think would encourage Draco but in reality it's just making him want to pull out his insides and bleed out on the floor. "You're not harming her, son. You're just showing her mercy."