-(92) supernova burns

DRACO holds Zilliah tight in his arms, so tight, for he is afraid she will turn to dust the moment he lets go. He is scared that all this will end up being a dream and he will have to wake up to the nightmare of a reality where his beloved is gone. He is so so scared that he will lose her forever- that their eternity will be short-lived- and that the future that they've hoped for will go up in flames.

So he does not let his grip slacken as he runs through the disintegrating realm, Pansy, Blaise, Elara, Layla and Xena keeping pace. They were headed for the broomsticks they had kept hidden when they reached this island. Julien- who Draco was surprised to see was still alive- would've been a better option if he was anywhere to be found. Draco had looked everywhere for him as Zilliah was transferring the curse onto Archie but it seemed as if he had flown away, most probably to take care of the newfound family he had on this island, Xena had told him.

The ground starts shaking more violently, the wind becoming unbearable and non-withstandable. The whole realm undergoes harsh ruptures, making it impossible for them to move faster. The uprooted trees block their paths and the river water starts flooding into the mainland. They would've been locked in by them all if Archie hadn't shown up behind them, the sceptre in hand, casting a protective bubble around the area that stretched over them while at the same time moving the obstacles out of the way. 

Draco could see the pain he was in by a mere glance. He could see how much he was straining himself just to get them to safety. He could understand the intensity of his sacrifice- of his love. And he has never felt one was ever deserving of the overwhelming amount of respect in him except that man right there.

"GO!", Archie shouts, as he runs as fast as he can up to them. "I'll keep this up until you're up in the air but move fast."

They all set into motion once again, drawing nearer and nearer to the cone tree where the brooms were huddled up under. Archie keeps the bubble moving with them, clearing any dangers out of the way. But atlast when they reach it, Draco can feel his heart momentarily stop, seeing how the tree was uprooted, their brooms broken, the invisible barrier shattered from the magic rippling through the whole island.

They're trapped. 

With no way out.

"What the fuck are we going to do?", Layla howls to be heard over the raging wind.

Draco spins on his heels to ask Archie for a solution but he is met with a dying man on his knees, the curse wrapping itself around him. He was still holding up the bubble for them but once the curse takes over his body completely, Draco knew they were doomed.

"Draco!", Elara grabs his attention, pointing up front. He shifts his attention there and he sees Julien and three other thestrals trying to cross over to them. The ghastly wind has left them flightless. Everytime they try to fly straight, the wind keeps knocking them to the side, crashing them into trees and rocks, injuring them, here, there, everywhere.

"We have to get them inside this bubble and enlarge it as they take off the ground until they cross the barrier of this island. That's the only way they can fly properly without the wind affecting them", Layla speaks, fixing her eyes upon Draco.

"Archie can't do that. He is already too weak", Pansy shouts out to her, looking at the crumbling man behind them.

"But I can", Xena steps up and Draco finds himself shaking his head in an instant.

"No-"

"Just hear me out."

"You are not-"

"Draco, we don't have time for this."