-(37) draco draco draco

ZILLIAH throws on some clothes and rushes to the infirmary right after Severus' patronus doe wakes her with three simple words that makes the whole world spin around her.

Draco is hurt.

The fatigue of two whole weeks had caught up with her and she had found herself sleeping quite well in a long time, so much so that she hadn't even noticed his absence from her side.

A million thoughts racing across her mind, she steps in through the large hospital wing doors to find Draco, eyes closed. Severus stood at the end of the bed and Madam Pomfrey was at his side too.

"What the fuck happened?!", she demands, walking right upto the side of Draco's bed.

"There has been a lot of blood loss. So, he is still unconscious", Madam Pomfrey responds, even though she is taken aback at first.

Zilliah's mind whirs at her words. She can feel her stomach churning. "Blood loss?"

Severus narrows his eyes down onto her as she places a hand softly on Draco's cheeks. "I'm afraid Mr. Malfoy got into a duel with Potter and suffered the consequences of it."

"A duel?", she asks, pushing back the blond locks that had fallen upon his face, unmoving but still breathing. "Why?"

"How ever would I know?", Severus retorts with an annoyed sigh falling from his lips.

"But why is he-"

"Multiple lacerations", Madam Pomfrey answers her question even before she finishes it. "There are signs of internal bleeding too. It was a really powerful spell."

"Harry did this?", she asks, rubbing a thumb up and down those cheeks that usually had much warmth to them. But now they're just cold, just like the rest of his body.

The silence is answer enough for her. And she feels the rage creep out from underneath her heart, threatening to drown every last corner of the world under it.

"He will be alright", she hears Madam Pomfrey say but by the way her voice wavers slightly, she knows that she is lying.

Along with that rage, an unbearable amount of anguish ploughs it's way up her body. Her breath catches in her throat as she can feel her heart straining.

Not Draco. Not him too. The world can't take that from her, no. She has already lost too much.

Bending over his figure, she lets their forehead meet, cupping his face with her hands. A tear runs down her face and settles onto his.

Take anything from me. Everything. But not him. Not Draco.

"He needs more dittany. I'll uh.. I'll go get it", she hears Madam Pomfrey excusing her leave when in reality, she knows she is just letting her alone with him. But she hears no movement from Severus. Not that she cares. Her only thoughts are of Draco before her. Draco. Draco. Draco.

If only she hadn't slept- if only she had realised his absence as he crept out of bed- he would've been alright now. He would've been safe.

But he isn't. He is lying cold and in pain upon the bed, his breaths difficult, his heartbeats too slow, too strained. "Please don't leave me", she mumbles against his skin, a sob escaping her. She can't imagine having to live in a world without him. She can't. "Please fight, Draco. Please don't give up. Please don't leave me alone."

"Zilliah", she hears Severus call.

But she pays no attention to it. All her mind, her heart, her soul and her body screams is Draco, Draco, Draco. It's only him. It's only the ache for him- to see the light return in those silver eyes- to be held in those strong arms again- to feel his warm chest, his fingers running through her hair. It's all him. It's only him.