-(34) you fight

DRACO sits watching Zilliah from the other side of the pub. She was on the dancefloor in an oversized cream sweater and black pants, her silky hair hanging loose and wild all the way down to her knees. The beat of her legs and the swaying of her hips are on time with the melody and it seems to persist and echo through the corridors of his heart. He can't look away. He'd have to gouge out his eyes before he can ever look away.

As he entered, he had seated himself at the far corner of the large pub and yet, her eyes had found him in the first five minutes itself. He never knew how she did it but she could always sense his presence. Her eyes stay on him all the while she dances with Blaise and a Ravenclaw he knew to be Luna Lovegood.

I'll give you everything I can
I'll build your dreams with these two hands
We'll hang some memories on the wall
And when there's silver in your hair

You won't have to ask if I still care
'Cause as time turns the page
My love won't age at all

I swear
By the moon and stars in the sky
I'll be there
I swear

Like the shadow that's by your side
I'll be there
For better or worse
'Til death do us part

The music fades into the background as the new year countdown begins. Draco watches Blaise shuffle off to find his midnight kiss. Lovegood dances on, not having a single care in the world. And Zilliah, damning angelic Zilliah, her hazel orbs remain fixed on him as she moves, waiting.

"Five! Four! Three!", the crowd of students gathered in the pub scream out as the end of a whole year nears.

"Two!"

Her eyes never leave him.

"One!"

His eyes never leave her either.

"Happy New Year!"

Instant and vigorous rage is the first emotion Draco feels on the wake of a new year, already striding towards her, foreign arms on her waist and undesired lips on her face.

McLain.

Drunk McLain had swept in at the last second and whirled her around, pressing his body to hers and connecting their lips as Draco's eyes flashed red.

Zilliah shoves him off of her as Draco is just three steps away. She raises her hand to strike but Draco is faster. His fist collides with McLain's jaw and in an instant, they both tumble to the ground. Draco pins him down with his knees and delivers blow after blow like he was on some murderous vendetta.

If she had chosen to kiss him, Draco would have merely struck all the rage inside himself and went on his way with ache in his heart. But this was different. McLain had violated her. He had already tried to violate her before. He didn't deserve the warning he had received. He deserved to die.

And that's the one thing Draco intends on making sure. The rest of the world is a mere blur around him.

Soon arms coil around his arm, trying to get him to draw back. He hits someone's rib too but he doesn't see it- he cannot see it. All in his vicinity is blind rage.

Many more tumble back in failure to get Draco off the body of this disgusting creature, bleeding through and through like he deserved to. But it's that one voice that cuts in through the fog of his mind.

"Enough", her voice is sharp and stern. "Get off of him."

Draco blinks his eyes into focus and gazes back at her, standing like a divine enigma, watching the scene with the most poised look on her face.