-(67) both tainted souls

ZILLIAH paces around her bedroom restless and anxious. He isn't back yet. He is always back by sundown but he isn't here tonight. She can't think about anything but him as she walks hither and thither, feeling like she is about to lose her damn mind. She tries to eat her food, she thinks about him. She tries to read a book, she thinks about him.

Having done waiting, she walks out of her hut and makes her way straight to Theseus', her breaths getting shallower. She pounds hard on his door until he opens, his chest bare, his hair tousled, his eyes sleepy.

"I need to get to Draco's apartment", she cuts right to the chase, meeting his eyes with intense determination.

"What?", he asks, bringing up his hands and rubbing his eyes. She can see that he is annoyed about her interrupting his sleep but he tries to hide it. She still feels that sting in her heart when he looks at her but she tries to ignore it.

"He's not back yet", she tells him, her mind racing through a hundred different possible situations he could be in at the moment. "And I know that something's wrong."

"How do you even know that? Maybe he is alright. Maybe he fell asleep. Maybe-"

"No", she cuts in, her whole demeanor turning furious. "I know he is not alright. And I'm going to his apartment whether you accompany me or not."

"You are not to leave these grounds", Theseus says, his voice firm yet pleading. "Even Malfoy wanted-"

"What Malfoy wants is me to be with him right now. I'm a hundred fucking percent sure about that. So you either come with me or I go by myself."

Theseus peers into her eyes, a huff escaping his lips. He searches for something- anything- that could explain the madness in her when it comes to Draco. "You're gonna get yourself killed."

"I'd rather die than know that I wasn't there for him at a moment he needed me."

"You don't know that, Zilliah. Goddamnit!", he groans.

"Trust me, Theseus", she says with an absolute firm mind, knowing with every fibre in her that what she thinks is right. "He needs me. I can feel it."

Zilliah almost got caught by the Snatchers, not one, not twice, but thrice.  If Theseus wasn't there to save her every single time, she'd be dead meat by now.

They finally reach Draco's apartment and she pounds on his door. "You're gonna wake this whole place up", Theseus hisses, prying at her hands to make her stop.

"He's not opening."

"Maybe he's not in there-"

"Or maybe he is just not opening."

"Maybe he fell asleep."

"He doesn't fall-"

"Human beings fall asleep, Zilliah! Big Surprise!"

"Can you just shut the fuck up?!"

"Can you just not try to get us killed?!"

"For fuck's sake-"

Their bickering gets to Zilliah's nerves but in time does the door swing open and Zilliah almost releases a sigh of relief. Almost. But it fades away as she is met with Narcissa in her nightgown looking at her with annoyance written all over her face. "What the hell would you want at this hour?"