-(16) you make me mad

DRACO startles awake as he feels something move beside him. In alarm, he opens his eyes only to be met with an upright silhouette of Zilliah. He breathes a sigh of relief before reaching his hands upto her figure in the dark.

What time was it anyway? It's still pretty dark except for the moonlight slipping in through the windows. Why was she up now?

She flinches at the touch, snapping her head at him and.. her eyes- it drains him off every last ounce of sleep he could possibly feel. He instantly sits up more distressed than before. But all it does is make her scramble away from him towards the foot of the bed.

"Zilliah.. what happened?", he asks, freezing, his voice coming out strained and unnerving.

At the mention of her name, her eyes flicks up and meets his'. And if he had been frightened by them before, he sure was terrified now. Because right there, behind the hazel, flowed an overwhelming amount of emotions.

Fear. Anger. Shock. Disgust. Frustration. Resentment. Anxiety. Regret. Shame. Despair. Grief... Guilt?

How could he even- no, he is reading into it too much. She couldn't possibly be.. but still those eyes.. no. And even if she felt all those things, he wouldn't be able to articulate it this properly...... right?

"Zilliah", he attempts again. "Zilliah, what is it?"

But she doesn't respond. She only stares. Stares and stares and stares, utterly still, hardly even breathing.

He makes a move as to get closer. But in the instance she notices the movement, her body tenses up even more. And he takes that it is not a good sign so he settles back down. "Talk to me", he mumbles out pleadingly. Her eyes snap back to his. But to his further devastation, they are.. empty, now. Hollow. Lifeless. What is happening?

"D-Draco." It's a whisper. No, it's barely even one. It's barely anything.. but he still catches it. And the recognition dawning on her features. Had she not understood it was him before? "Draco..", the voice comes again, snapping him out of his thoughts. It's more strained than before- like she was choking on something invincible.

In the blink of an eye, she was jumping out of the bed, scrambling towards the bathroom. Shaking off his nerves, he closely follows, stumbling on pratically nothing himself. As he reaches her, she was already on the floor, throwing up into the toilet.

He rushes to her side and kneels down. "Hey hey hey", he mumbles, gathering her hair back with one hand while running the other down her back, trying to ease her while worry pounded in his ears. "You're alright.. you're fine." But she wasn't. She looked far from fine. And she was puking her insides out. And he doesn't know what more to do. So he continues to do what he was doing before. It's only as she finishes that he withdraws his hands.

She breathes with much difficulty, her skin pale. And he sees the puddle of tears she was trying to force back- the glassiness in her eyes that threatened to shatter. He lifts a hand upto her cheeks, slowly caressing. "I'll get you some water, yeah?"

She doesn't meet his eyes but nods nevertheless.

In an instant, he gets up and rushes back into his room. There, he snatches the water bottle off the table and rushes back in, not wasting another second. But as he returns, she was already by the sink, rinsing her mouth out with his mouthwash, the sound of the water flushing down the toilet receding in the background.

She meets his eyes through the mirror and manages a small smile as he walks upto her. "I'm sorry. Must've been something I ate."

He shakes his head, his eyes hardening down on hers as the blunt lie registers. He was right behind her now, subtly pressing in. "Don't try to deceive me, Zilliah. I saw."