𝟢𝟹 || 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙾𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

I still wasn't a fan of it back then, I used to sulk and beg for us to go out or pick something up instead. I never understood the reason mom did that for the three of us, until I learned that it was all she could afford.

I plucked one of the cans from the pile Maggie was sorting and actually began to drool at the sight of canned stew.

Before I could even ask to keep it the can was plucked from my hands, "Thanks," Daryl thanked me.

It took a moment to process what he had done before I ran after him, "Hey!"

He held the stew over my head and as I tried to jump up to reach it, "That's mine!"

The crossbow maniac lifted the can even higher, "Sorry kid, first come first serve."

"First serve?!" I jumped even higher, "You took it from my hands!"

The man shrugged, "It's in mine now."

I gawked as the filthy man kept holding the contents over my head, lifting it even higher every time I tried to reach it.

"Just let him have it, Juliet," Carol chuckled, as the others watched our little argument. "Conversing with him is like with a brick wall."

My brows lowered as he showed a hint of a smirk. That little fucker.

"Besides," Maggie threw a large tin in my hand. "Since he claimed that one you get the family sized one I already put aside for him."

"The hell?" Daryl dropped his arms.

The women next to me have a shrug as I continued to stare at the family sized can of beef stew, "Sorry Daryl. First come first serve."

Before the man could reach for the can the church doors opened once more with Rick stepping through, "Alright, fires going."

Our leader clapped his hands together as he looked down at the large haul of food he scrounged. "Who's hungry?"

°˖✧✿✧˖°

When the sun fell laughter drowned out the sounds of the dead outside of the small church. We loaded our plates until there was no room left.

I tried to stick to my can of stew, which I ended up sharing with the others, but Michonne pushed me back towards the pews and made me grab more.

And the best part was even after we all took our enormous portions we still had much left over.

"Look what Father Gaberil found for us!" Glenn came from one of the back rooms holding a few bottles of communion wine, grinning ear to ear.

People began to cheer as the man started to hand out the variety of strange cups and glasses to the egar adults. Even Rick, which surprised me extremely, took a styrofoam cup.

"You know... a good friend once told me that children in Italy have a little bit of wine with dinner," Glenn pointed the half empty bottle at me.

I raised my brow and took another bite of my mixed vegetables as Daryl snapped his fingers, "And France."

"And France," My friend repeated as he poured a small amount into the styrofoam and held it out for me to take.