Soulmates

"Langaaaaaaa!" Reki cried for the hundredth time. He had rode all over the beach town, but there had been no sight of Langa. Reki was panicked, feeling hopeless. He had been searching for hours. He didn't get why he hadn't found him yet. Reki continued to skateboard on, hoping Langa would come into his sight at any moment.

"LANGAAAAA!" Reki cried again, feeling his voice crack. He had worn it out, it all seemed futile. Reki stopped his skateboard, and collapsed on to the concrete. Exhausted. He began to sob, not knowing what to do.

He felt like a failure. He always had to ruin everything didn't he? What was he even doing...he didn't deserve Langa. He didn't deserve anyone's he should just stay curled up in the dark for the rest of his life, he should...

"Reki!" Langa cried, seeing the collapsed red-head. Langa quickly hopped off his skateboard, and began to shake Reki's limp shoulders. Reki quickly swerved around, getting up, and causing Langa to jump back.

"Langa!" Reki yelled, tightly squeezing Langa. Langa awkwardly patted Reki's back. Reki pulled away quickly, and looked into Langa's eyes.

"Langa! I'm so so sorry! I never meant to put you through so much pain! I never liked Carly! I only kissed her because I thought you were kissing Mark and I was hurt! I only kissed her because I was panicking! The truth is though...I've only really ever been in love with one person. And that person is you," Reki admitted, brushing a piece of Langa's hair behind his ear. Langa's eyes grew wide.

"Really?!" Langa gasped. Could he have heard Reki right?

"Yes, Langa! How could I not be?!" Reki cried, hugging Langa again. He lay his head on Langa's shoulder. He could feel Langa's heartbeat, beating just as fast as his. Langa slowly began to stoke Reki's hair.

"Reki, I'm so happy that you feel the same way. I never in a million years thought you would feel the same way," Langa admitted, curling into Reki. Their grips tightened on each other, afraid at any moment they could lose the other one. Reki gently took his head off Langa's shoulder, and gazed into Langa's eyes. Langa leaned down, closing the space between them.

Unlike their first kiss where they had both been greedy for more, this one was softer. Langa gently cupped Reki's face in his hands, as Reki felt another tear fall down his cheek. He pulled away.

"Langa I don't deserve you! I'm so sorry!" Reki cried. Langa shook his head fiercely.

"Stop it Reki! It's okay! If anything I don't deserve you!" Langa promised, touching their foreheads together. Reki smiled.

  "Langa?" He whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we're soulmates?" Asked Reki. Langa smiled.

"I mean...it all makes sense if we are," Langa said. Reki noddded.

"I think so too, because I'm beginning to see more color," Reki admitted. Langa's eyes widened, surprised. They both pulled apart looking, around in the darkness. It was dark outside, but that didn't stop the color creeping into both of the boys visions. They turned, both grinning widely at each other.

"We really are soulmates!" Reki gasped. Langa smiled. Then they kissed again. And again.

Finally, both boys decided it was time to go back to the beach house. They skated back, feeling the wind through their hair, and trying to spot every single color they could see in the darkness.

Finally, they made it back to the light of the beach house, and rushed in. Joe, Miya, and Cherry were all sitting on the couch watching TV. They looked up when they saw the two boys.

      "Miranda and Mikey left," Joe said sadly.

       "Joe your hair is green! The same color as Miya's eyes!" Reki squealed.

       "And Cherry's hair is pink!" Langa chimed in. Joe, Cherry, and Miya's eyes all grew wide.

       "Wait a minute! Are you two saying what I think your saying?!" Joe asked, astounded. Reki nodded, fiercely.

        "We're soulmates!" He cried, hugging Langa again. Miya sighed.

        "Great, now I'm officially the 5th wheel," he groaned. Joe laughed, and patted Miya's hair.

        "Don't worry, your not alone. You'll have Shadow. As long as he doesn't bring his new girlfriend," Joe promised. Miya made a face.

        "I'm very happy for you two," Cherry said, fanning himself.

             That night, Reki and Langa curled up in their tiny bed. Reki had decided to be the little spoon, feeling Langa's arms around his waist, feeling Langa's breath in his ear. It made Reki smile, and chuckle.

         "What?" Langa whispered against Reki's hair.  Reki laughed.

        "Sorry, it's just, your breath is tickling my ear," Reki laughed. Langa smiled.

         "Oh really?" He asked, a sly grin on his face. Reki's eyes went wide, as Langa began to tickle him.

          "No! Langa! I'm so ticklish! Stop!" Reki yelled, gasping for air between laughs. The two boys laughed against each other, until Reki tuned around, putting his face right up to Langa's.

       "I love you Langa," Reki said, planting a kiss on Langa's lips, then pulling away to look is his eyes.

       "I love you too," Langa whispered.