Sunrises

Langa decided not to tell Reki about the color red. He was scared if he did, Reki would get wierded out. That Reki would know something was up. That Reki would realize Langa had feelings for him, and that Reki would run away. Langa couldn't bare to lose Reki...again, so he kept his mouth shut.

      It wasn't that Langa thought Reki was his soulmate, he was just listening to his heart. His heart was telling him that it all made sense, but his head was saying there was too much reason it couldn't be true. Reki was straight, there were billions of people in the world with blue eyes, Reki could never love Langa, he was too good for Langa.

      "Langa come on! Let's head to the beach to watch the sunrise!" Reki called to the other boy, as they skated down the road together.

       "Okay!" Langa called back, trying to hide his thoughts of sorrow, and focus on Reki's hair. Reki's bright red hair. Langa just couldn't believe it. He could see more colors. Langa wondered who his soulmate was if it wasn't Reki. Why would the color red have filled his vision in that moment. No matter how hard Langa tried to picture his dream guy, he could only dream up Reki.

     The two skated towards the seaside, both wide awake even though they had been up all night skating. All Reki had wanted to do was skate down the road trying to find as many blue things as possible. He hadn't had too much luck considering it had been night, but even the dimmest shade of the color had made Reki start to squeal. In return Langa had given him a smile only meant for the boy with the red hair.

       "Langa, man, I know this is like the tenth time I've said it but....YOUR HAIR! ITS SO FREAKING AWESOME!" Reki yelled, ruffling Langa's hair as they both skated up to the beach. It was just the two of them. They parked their skateboard and put their toes is the yellow sand. It was soft and squishy, and tickled Langa's toes. They both jumped around in the sand, throwing patches at each other and looking for seashells.

      Then finally, the sunrise began. It was so...red. Langa couldn't stop staring as it all rose above the ocean. Reki looked at him curiously.

       "Is it really brown?" Reki asked, curiously. Langa jumped, not knowing what to say.

       "Uh...sort of..." he stammered, but before he said anything else , Reki began to squeal again. Reki shook Langa's shoulders wildly, jumping up and down.

       "BLUE!" He cried out, staring at the sky. Sure enough, Langa realized the red had faded and made way to a new color. One that was grey to him, but Reki jumped up and down in glee.

      "It's beautiful, just like your eyes!" Reki cheered as Langa blushed. Reki gasped again.

      "The ocean! The ocean is blue! I mean I always knew it was blue, but I mean...it's blue!" Reki stammered gazing into the water, then back up at the sky. Langa wished he could sink his hand into Reki's, and pull Reki close. He wished he could kiss him, and tell him that he loved him.

       Reki turned to Langa and ran into his arms. Reki squeezed Langa tight in a giant bear hug. Langa staggered back, unsure of what to do. He gently patted Reki's back, hoping Reki wouldn't feel how fast his heart was moving.

      "Thank you Langa," Reki whispered against Langa's shirt in a strained voice. Langa looked down at Reki alarmed. He realized the red head was crying.

      "Reki what's wrong?" Langa demanded. Reki shook his head.

      "Nothing, everything's perfect. I'm just so happy," Reki whispered into Langa's chest. The two held each other right as the sun rose into the sky. Finally, they let go of each other, just enough to still be holding on, but we're able to look into each others faces.

      Langa felt himself keep glancing at Reki's lips. He couldn't stop. He wanted to kiss Reki so much. Reki watched Langa's eyes and blushed. Langa's heart sped up. Had he been caught? Reki then glanced at Langa's lips in return. The two of them seemed to lean in. Langa's heart was going to kill him it as going so fast. They were so close. So...so close.

      "Well we probably should head back, the others will be up soon," Reki suggested, wiggling out of Langa's grasp. Langa looked away embarrassed. What had he been thinking? Of course Reki didn't want to kiss him.

       "Yeah good idea," said Langa quietly. So the two of them got their skateboards, and skated back to the beach house, thinking of the new colors they had seen.