More than a friend

"Langa...listen," Reki started, getting up. Langa stiffened. He was about to cry. Langa wanted to run away but he couldn't force his feet to move. Reki slowly walked up to him, like a person walking up to a wounded animal.

      "Langa look at me. What's wrong?" Reki asked, taking Langa's hands into his. Langa grimaced. He looked into Reki's eyes.

        "What do you mean what's wrong? You were just kissing Carly?" Langa yelled, hurt.

         "Weren't you just kissing Mark?!" Reki asked, dumbfounded. Langa gasped.

        "No Reki! I wasn't! I was telling him that he wasn't my soulmate! That I liked someone else!" Langa cried. Reki blushed fiercely.

      "Who?" Whispered Reki. Langa shook his head.

      "I'm not telling you, figure it out yourself," whimpered Langa. Reki sadly looked down.

      "Fine then. You know? I don't get why you won't tell me anything lately! I know you came out of me today, but other than that...you sure have a lot of secrets don't you? Like the fact that you've been able to see red this whole day!" Reki hollered. Langa yanked his hands out of Reki's.

       "I was scared Reki! I didn't know what the heck it meant, and I was scared you would get freaked out if I told you!" Langa blurted.

       "What?!" The red head yelled,"Why would you think that?! I would never!"

       "Because Reki....your straight! You like girls! But sometimes it just feels like all the signs point to us being soulmates! Which really sucks, because you could never love me that way, could you? Even though you've led me on SO many times! We freakin kissed today! Did that not mean anything to you?" Langa demanded, feeling wet tears slide down his face. Reki's eyes grew wide.

       "What are you saying?" He questioned.

         "I'm saying I'm in love with you Reki," Langa admitted, feeling a boulder of weight release from his shoulders. Reki gasped, his face turning completely red. Even his ears began to grow hot. Langa watched as the red spread.

      "Langa..." Reki started, nearing the blue eyed boy once again, but Langa pushed him away. Just as Reki had done to him before.

      "I need to...I need to go," Langa stammered, looking wildly around. Looking everywhere but at Reki. He quickly spotted his skateboard, ran to pick it up...then simply left. Reki was left standing alone, speechless.

       "What was all that commotion?" A voice behind him asked. Reki turned to see Miya gazing curiously at him. Reki sighed, running a hand through his hair.

      "I have to go! I have to go after him!" Reki murmured frantically. Miya's eyebrows raised, he grabbed Reki's arm.

       "Wait! What are you doing?!" Miya asked.

        "I'm going after Langa!" Reki cried, trying to shake off Miya. But that cat eyed boy's grip tightened.

        "No Reki. He clearly wants to be alone right now," Miya told him. Reki's eyes grew wide.

      "No! No! He needs me! I ruined everything! I have to go after him!" Reki yelped, moving towards to door, making Miya tighten his grasp.

      "Reki! Stop! Before you go after him, you need to figure out how you feel! What Langa needs right now is clarity! He doesn't need your mixed signals! You have to decide...how do you feel about Langa?" Miya demanded. Reki blushed, he felt butterflies swarm his stomach. His heart beat faster.

     Weren't those the signs of love? The signs of attraction? Wasn't having a whole sketchbook dedicated to one person kinda odd if you didn't have feelings for them? Didn't you think about the person all the time if you were in love? Wouldn't you do anything for them?

        Reki, looked down. He relaxed his stance, causing Miya to let go of him. Miya was right. It wasn't fair of Reki to keep treating Langa the way he was. He had already hurt him enough. Reki had to stop ignoring his feelings. The truth was...deep down Reki had known it all along. He was bisexual. He was in love with Langa.

        He painfully regretted kissing Carly, it was just another thing his gay panic screamed at him to do. He had hurt his true love, and he needed to fix it.

      "Miya...I love him. I love Langa, and in more than just a friendship way. That's why I need to go after him!" Reki admitted, shaking. Miya smiled.

      "Then go after him," he said. Reki smiled, and squeezed Miya tightly.

        "Thank you," he whispered. Miya nodded. And at that, Reki was off into the night.